Youtube deep dives

So what have you found yourself deep-diving into on youtube?

I’ve been enjoying my mechanics, a person who painstakingly restores old items. It’s a perfect watch before bedtime

5 Likes

Can’t get enough of the Hydraulic Press Channel

1 Like

I used to watch so many of these. It’s all I’d get recommended. So relaxing. My one gripe is that I HATE it when they paint something silver instead of making it shine. CHEAT

2 Likes

Got hooked on these restoration vids via the coffee grinder one.

the typewriter is incredible

1 Like

I always want to cheer when I see they’re about to electrocute the metal in water to get the rust off. :zap::zap::zap::zap::zap::zap:

something really satisfying about the way those keys dance

There’s a channel called Geoguesser Wizard which is a guy playing Geoguesser and doing very well at it.

2 Likes

big fan of those restoration videos.

discovered yesterday there’s hundreds of videos of dickheads crashing at the nurburgring

have been enjoying that.

3 Likes

Dr. Pimple Popper is addictive.

3 Likes

someone else on here loves those videos. have a feeling it was @meowington

not for me, like

2 Likes

I start watching them and about an hour later I’m still watching them.

Been watching quite a few of these diorama videos when they crop up on Facebook… definitely the kind of hobby I could see myself getting into if I had the time (went into Games Workshop for the first time in years last week!)

Also, am weirdly fascinated by speed running stuff, there’s a channel that documents the progress for various classic games:

5 Likes

@beastie

it is me who likes them but I can’t watch them all the time cause sometimes they make me proper yack

1 Like

proper expensive to crash there, isn’t it?

1 Like
1 Like

i think that’s what i like about it. it’s not horrific accidents, just rich dickheads bumping their insanely expensive porsches enough to write them off in a completely unremarkable crash

Not a fan of reaction videos as you can imagine, but I watched a few where vocal coaches reacted to singers like Layne Staley.

She seemed genuinely shocked in places.

5 Likes

The history of one level of Mario

and how people tried to beat the time by a few seconds. Watched the whole thing.

6 Likes

reminds me of these ones

dunno why they’re so fascinating

3 Likes