"You've heard of Elf on the Shelf."

No, I haven’t?

17 Likes

If I had kids I would simply say ‘nah fuck off I’m not doing that elf on a shelf shit’

• Me too
  • I would partake
  • I have kids and I do it
  • I have kids and don’t do it

0 voters

I was a bit bored yesterday and was sat in the sofa thinking about whether it would be possible to waterproof my phone enough to be able to piss on it without the piss getting through. I was also thinking perhaps I could use some sort of other yellow liquid and was wondering what liquids look like piss. The motivation for this was to start this exact thread title with “piss on the DiS”.

4 Likes

Absolutely the worst meme format on earth

5 Likes
18 Likes

What does partake mean in this context?

1 Like

Now I’ve seen that cartoon above, I’m wondering if there’s more to this than shit memes based on rhymes

You have to put an elf in a different place in the house everyday when the kids are in bed with the implication that it’s alive and monitoring their behaviour for santa or something

1 Like

Oh.

1 Like

Not just a different place but having done something mischievous like tipping cereal across the floor or making snow angels in icing sugar or eating the Xmas chocolate.

Never done it. Simply won’t. It’s mainly for Facebook posing as far as I can see.

8 Likes

Oh yeah that’s it

Learning this has made me hate the meme template even more somehow

6 Likes

Might as well just hire this guy

9 Likes

It’s a close run thing with “I’m going to tell my kids this was…”

2 Likes

Or it can just be a fun game of “find the thing” to go with opening the advent calendar. Wasn’t actually aware that some parents do the creepy “you’re being watched” thing with it. That’s more than a bit gross.

You’ve heard of elf on the shelf…how about shut the fuck up

5 Likes

My kids fucking love this shit. Get so excited about it. And as the 2022 Dad of the Year, I just go along with it #blessed #hell #pleasekillmenow

4 Likes

Had to reluctantly do it for my class and considering I only had to move it on the weekdays of December, I forgot to move it a few times and had to pretend it had frozen from from the snow or pretend the kids had touched it so it lost its magic

Fucking right ballache no thanks how people have the time and energy when Christmas is enough itself.

#scroogeontherouge

1 Like

Son (7) thinks it’s a load of old bollocks. Think I’ve done parenting well so far.

4 Likes