Yuppy Shite

3 Likes

I love nothing more than being explicitly told that i’m wrong in a discussion about something.

ahm oot :wave:

2 Likes

Point accepted.

it’s not meant to be personal but I’m not sure how I’m supposed to say that it’s fine to believe you can have as much money as you want when I really really don’t believe that.

1 Like

Lads, let’s not fall out over nobody we actually know wasting money they’ve not got on a hypothetical yuppy wardrobe.

I’m going to mute the thread now because i can barely get out of bed today so i definitely can’t be arsed reading several people i like row about something so trivial. Thread was meant to be lighthearted.

1 Like

Vinyls players
Guitars
Bicycles
Burritos
Chunky dad trainers

2 Likes

Chunky dads need trainers too

4 Likes

I’m one but I’m gong barefoot from here on in.

I know Bam but come on, it’s bloody frustrating trying to talk about something on here and to be told that i’m wrong.

now we’re talking

2 Likes

But by implication you think bamnan and bugduv are wrong, otherwise you wouldn’t be disagreeing with them.

sorry, I kind of feel I’m being a bad lefty if I don’t stand up for my principles even in the face of seeming impolite.

I don’t want to upset you but I’d hate to feel I’d compromise on what I believe for the sake of awkwardness.

No hard feelings I hope!

No, i’m discussing it with them. I haven’t said either of them are wrong. I’m challenging their opinion to continue a discussion about it. I haven’t explicitly said YOU ARE WRONG which is what gets thrown at me regularly on here and I can’t be arsed with it.

2 Likes

How did you get a picture of my bike.

The relationship isn’t as linear and straightforward as that. Part of the reason why smartphones and large HD televisions are now mass market items within the reach of the majority of people is because very wealthy people bought them when they first came out and were so expensive only the top 10% of people could realistically afford them.

I thought about my expensive guitars too when reconciling this but I think there is a difference between funnelling a large percentage of your money on a passion you have and getting use out of it rather than buying for a status symbol.

I don’t like it when you see celebs and such talking about their expensive guitars and then playing really crappy generic blues stuff because they aren’t really into music just want to own a cool guitar for example.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with some of the products in this thread in themselves, some of them look pretty nice but I don’t see a reason for them to cost so much.

Wow! O__o

why can’t technology be government funded through higher taxation though?

as opposed to continually feeding the endless need for people to have stuff first for snobbish reasons