Zoning out

Inspired by this wonderful moment of someone momentarily forgetting where they are and what they’re meant to be doing, please share your own anecdotes of being a total space cadet. Do you regularly zone out? Are you forever missing your stop? Do people have to yell at you to get your attention?

2 Likes

sorry, what was that?

4 Likes

Sometimes I go into a “shower trance” whilst in the shower and I could have been standing there for ages.

8 Likes

Ever do that thing where you forget if you’ve already washed your hair or not?

6 Likes

No.

I regularly begin making a cup of tea, go and get the milk out, put it down, and then go to the fridge to get the milk out again

1 Like

A trick someone told me years ago was to shampoo, then put in conditioner at the start of your shower, then rinse out the conditioner at the end, so a) you know that if you’ve got shampoo / conditioner in your hair you’re on the right track, and b) you end up conditioning your hair for longer, leaving it silkier and smoother than it was before.

zoning defence out

What the fuck is conditioner

Number 10’s reaction is well good

Or if you have washed your hair keep shout kabaddi until you get out.

5 Likes

He’s so upset.

Also enjoy the Knicks player also briefly thinking he’s not allowed to touch the ball before he twigs.

1 Like

Nothing more terrifying than hearing your name to snap you back to attention in a meeting/conference call where you’ve completely zoned out

8 Likes

Seriously? :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

4 Likes

Happens to me a lot. My attention span varies wildly but sometimes focusing on anything feels impossible.

2 Likes

I regularly go to drink a cup of tea I recently made to realise I already drunk it

1 Like

What the fuck is a vogelnest

I open a reply on here and start typing sometimes and then get distracted and come back ages later and delete my reply a lot more often than you’d think

did it about 6 times in the Brexit thread yesterday

then again, ‘opening a browser tab and forgetting what you were going to google’ has been the new ‘going into a room and forgetting what you went in there for’ for a good while now for many of us I’d guess

3 Likes

one of those big birdnest swings that you can lie in

2 Likes

Closing Twitter because I’m sick of it then immediately opening Twitter has been happening more times than I care to mention recently.

3 Likes