2020 Fundraiser - Help Keep These Forums Online

Wasn’t 50 Cent cancelled? Quite a few times?

That’s embarrassing.

Can we pretend I’m being ironic?

:+1:

1 Like

‪A month ago I asked the DiS community for their financial support to keep the site online and today I’ve been hit by a flurry of recurring payments.‬

‪Feel incredibly touched and wanted to say thank you to everyone who has made a contribution.‬

‪Thank you so much :pray:
Sean

12 Likes

This is great to see. Do you have any idea of what the monthly shortfall is between running costs and recurring payments plus ad revenue? Where does the rest come from? If it’s your personal day job salary, then that doesn’t feel great to me.

I’m just thinking that if we had an idea what the gap was, then we might ne able to get a sense as a community how achievable it would be to close - whether that’s a few more recurring payments being set up, small increases in those amounts…or any other ideas that people might have?

Obviously if you dont want to disclose any of this for any reason, then that’s fine.

2 Likes

We’re back… in Pog form. Drowned in Sound to return as a weekly newsletter / Music News // Drowned In Sound

1 Like

Hi All,

So once again we’e gone over our limit for these forums. Is anyone is able to make a donation to support the site, I’d massively appreciate it.

In the meantime, hope you’re all enjoying our new Drowned in Sound newsletter. The second edition should be in your inbox now - read/subscribe here if not Fallen Alien: FKA Twigs - by Sean Adams - Drowned in Sound

Thanks again to everyone who has kept up their regular donations or made one offs. Really appreciate it and it makes the world of difference.

11 Likes

How do I switch from Patreon to pay Pal?
I have a badge memory of you saying PayPal is better and I have one now. :smiley:

Yeah, PayPal takes less of a cut.

If you cancel Patreon, you can make the payment her https://bit.ly/2qrFI65

1 Like

Did you manage to do this ok @UncleRetrospective ?

Yup, you should have the first payment by now.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

No, thank you! :heart_eyes:

1 Like