Are there any good computer or board games based on bands?

Gorillaz must have done something like this at some point.

I remember their first website was a fully interactive flash page where you could wander round their house/studio which, at the time, was pretty cool. I’m almost certain they turned it into a kind of game to hype a new single/second album or something - like there was a murder and you had to go look around the place for clues, and you found demos for the new record? Am I completely making this up?

I don’t think you are as I genuinely remember being bowled over by how clever that first website was in summer 2001, in between submitting playlists to MTV2’s hour long takeovers that never got bloody played. TBF, I probably deserved it for constantly picking Chemistry by Semisonic.

1 Like

I’d forgotten about that. Great times.

Now, this one featured MANY rock stars

Most fun was the publicity stunts

“Bad vibes, chief. Wacky Jacko has died in a nuclear war.”

5 Likes

I think Buzzcock bloke Pete Shelley had an album with a spectrum game on if you got the cassette version. Obviously no idea what it was about or if it was any good.

The Decemberists have Illimat

It’s ‘presented’ by them, but it fits in with their album art etc - it’s meant to be pretty good (7.5 on BoardGameGeek)

The Residents designed and scored Bad Day On The Midway

Not a band, but there was a fairly decent Michael Jackson moonwalker game that was on lots of platforms.

I once once in a shop which was selling Kissopoly (Kiss Monopoly) which I thought was kinda cooky until I remembered Kiss licence their name to almost everything.

http://www.thesilvergymnasium.com/

Motley Crue had a passable pinball game out in the 1990s - Crue Ball.

I had it for my Sega Megadrive without ever knowing who they were.

This Mortal Kombat

2 Likes

Pass the Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs

4 Likes

Pear Jam and Earl

4 Likes

Monopolyphonic Spree

1 Like

The typo makes this better

1 Like

:no_mouth:

Anyone mentioned Japanese Breakfasts JRPG yet?