August 2022 Film News/Trailer chat thread

2 Likes

fuck yessss

Didn’t they already make this with Jennifer Lawrence?

1 Like

this looks quite fun but 1) i fucking hate nicholas hoult and 2) i feel like i just watched the whole film, as usual these days with trailers. so annoying.

2 Likes

Wow

Also some film with Angourie Rice and Dustin from Stranger Things and McLovin recently came out on Paramount+ to zero attention, I refuse to believe these are anything other than money-laundering exercises

1 Like

Honor Society has got pretty good reviews as well - often likened to Election.

not that anyone will ever know since it’s been dumped into the streaming service ocean like so much else

1 Like

Excited for the streaming economy to implode and to read all the pieces about how many $bns the mega corps will end up writing down.

I wonder what will happen in the end. Genuinely, because it does feel like we’re in a strange bubble that can’t last but it’s clear that watching TV at home is hugely popular.

Interesting seeing all the comments about “driving people back to torrenting” but the truth is large amounts of TV has been never been so cheaply or so easily available, and a £1 price rise here or there doesn’t really impact on that.

But also, yeah, it doesn’t feel like anyone has ever actually come up with a better model than ad-supported TV / theatrical gross movies.

1 Like

that’s… a full plot summary of the entire series innit. legit don’t think i’ll get anything out of watching it now. trailers are weird these days

1 Like

weird how there’s usually a 5-second trailer-for-the-trailer beforehand nowadays, on the assumption that everyone’s attention span is fucked, but then the actual trailer goes on forever

2 Likes

I thought that the reason for it was something to do with monetisation/adverts on Youtube?

1 Like