Brookside

No more will your only chance to watch be the handful of “classic” episodes.

All of them are coming back.

6 Likes

5 episodes a week, could almost watch it “as-live”

3 Likes

Weirdly seen a couple of Brookside adjacent things recently, Mark Moraghan in Thomas The Tank and that Jimmy Corkhill meme page keeps coming up every few months since the summer

1 Like

FUCKING YES MAN!

2 Likes

harrycross-8302

Can’t wait for my man Harry Cross to return :heart_eyes:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Brookside: The Return

Oh my god. Might start a watcha long podcast.

Does this mean England people will need to watch it on ITV X though? Ugh.

1 Like

I would subscribe!

Have some friends who were in it and i think a few anecdotes about actors my dad knew that I’ll have to ask my mum about.

Not sure on the player as all the articles say STV so assuming it can downloaded regardless of location :thinking:

1 Like

just had a look at the STV player app, it came up with a message saying “some programs may not be available in your area”, but Brookside shows up in the Top Picks section, so think we’ll be alright

2 Likes

Used to love Brookie.

Difficult now to believe the uproar this caused:

2 Likes

SPOILERS! :wink:

2 Likes

:grin: sorted

1 Like

Remember when there was a religious cult and an explosion or something? Because I do, just not very well.

Just remembered I had a dream about Jimmy Corkhill last night :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Very excited about this.

Got a while to wait before this though [CW: Barry Grant]

1 Like

Barry lived near my nan and everytime he came on screen she’d make a big fuss over looking away or leaving the room because he was “a very rude man”.

From what i can piece together this is down to her seeing him in the cornershop and him not introducing himself to her :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Always feel bad for Gordon’s big moment (the first openly gay character on a British soap opera) being overshadowed by the snogging.

That said I don’t remember Gordon/before my time so I’m looking forward to meeting him soon.

Gordon Collins (Brookside) - Wikipedia.

1 Like

I’m in

1 Like

I shall be changing my Avatar accordingly week by week to show my solidarity with the misery, drama and pain of the folks of the Close.