Can't edit thread titles anymore

1 Like

Feel bad now cause I don’t make regular donations, I just asked the mods so i could change world cup titles!

That makes sense though, if you’re doing a lot of things that save mod time, well worth having it

1 Like

Let’s put that to the test.

1 Like

There’s not really a hard and fast rule - it’s a bit finger in the air and let’s see what works; while Sean in part used it as a reward system, like FL says, it’s really about effectively managing the boards.

2 Likes

Really silly thing to change imo. Like Avery said too it’s useful for adding SSPs etc.

So the system let’s you earn to regular and it doesn’t take very long but the editing powers ended up being abused so we shunted everyone down again and made it impossible to earn regular, back in the first couple of months on here.

1 Like

@jomaxro Hi! Can you guys help us with this? I can’t find anything in the settings that explains this change and don’t know about any of us having changed anything.

Sorry. I changed a setting that prevented people from editing other people’s posts when trying to fix something else.

I didn’t realise so many people could edit thread titles?!

2 Likes

And we do no want people to be able to edit other people’s posts, but for example when @AQOS starts an AQOS thread or @anon19035908 does a HGATR, we want them to be able to go back and edit their thread titles with new information :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Plus adding ssp tags etc.

FUNKY AND JOKE FOR MODS!

Are you saying that this is for a few users? We could always upgrade their trust level?

Everyone at ‘regular’ level is now unable to edit thread titles, there are only a few of us who need to use the function with any regularity I think.

This has now been turned back on.

2 Likes

Thanks Sean! (Will bump Paramore up the HGATR list)

Nice one, thanks Sean x

Hmmm but will this also let users edit any posts from other users? Editing their own thread titles would be sufficient, imo.

(Which is why I didn’t think this setting was relevant for this specific issue)

I can’t edit posts but thread titles have gone back to normal.

3 Likes

Yeah same

3 Likes