Death Cab/Ben Gibbard

Feels like there’s been loads of covers of ‘Flirted with You All My Life’ and I think I like Death Cab’s best

1 Like

The EP is actually really good.
Faithful versions of King Of Carrot Flowers & Fall On Me, respectful version of Flirted With You All My Life (not a song I would have considered cover material, although Sharon Van Etten has also covered it) & a really good version of Metal Heart too.
GBOL really.

I actually don’t know any of those songs :-/

It’s not going to be setting the world on fire but I like the EP. I wonder if any of the covers will make their way into Death Cab live shows whenever they happen again. Judging by setlist.fm ‘Fall On Me’ has made one appearance in the past when Peter Buck turned up.

Would recommend this (and Vic Chesnutt in general) if unaware.

1 Like

My player name in ‘king of crabs’ is DeathCrab4Cutie

Accidental reply! But I hope you enjoyed this factoid.

More than you can know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Doing a stream from their upcoming tour

1 Like
3 Likes

Support on that tour from either Low, Yo La Tengo or Illuminati Hotties, very jealous of that.

2 Likes

YLT being anyone’s support at this stage in their career seems odd to me (Low as well) but I bet that would be a good time for all bands involved anyway. Probably be a big big boost for Illuminati too, bet they’ll tick a lot of boxes for younger DCFC fans

So glad I got to see DCFC when I did, Narrow Stairs was easily solid enough to be worth it and I think now I’d have the whole “ehhh haven’t had a good album in X years” thoughts and talk myself out of it

enjoying the new single

1 Like

this one is absolutely gorgeous, got me really excited again for new DCFC for the first time in ages. A bit Craig Finn with the spoken word ambient-y sections

5 Likes

Was just listening to this not knowing who it was, got about 3/4 of the way through, really enjoying it and checked to see the artist.

You know what? I was very surprised when I saw who it was! Nice to hear Gibbard being more understated to just let the song soar!

1 Like

Tempted by Edinburgh, it’s been a fair few years!

2 Likes

I’ve never seen. Might go

1 Like

Might do Dublin.
Saw them on the last tour and they were great.
Wish they’d play Belfast again tho

1 Like

I could be game

Just thought I’d give a listen to these new Death Cab songs and yeah, Foxglove Through The Clearcut is pretty great! not had as good a feeling from one of their tunes since I kept replaying a shitty quality live version of The Ghosts Of Beverly Drive before Kintsugi came out. Here to Forever really wants to be liked, which I do, and I can hear what Congleton brought to Roman Candles but I’m not sure if I’m sold. It’s promising though, I never bothered with their last album after not liking Kintsugi in the end, did I miss much?

Found myself listening to Codes and Keys yesterday for the first time in an age. If I think to listen to Death Cab it’s usually around now at the tatty end of Summer, Photobooth is pure death of the Season wistfulness, I think it’s their best song.

4 Likes