DIS Mid 2000's Indie Night

It’s Friday, it’s indie night again. Has started off badly as you’ve missed the 10pm cut off and now having to pay £3 instead of getting free entry :frowning: . Also some utter weapon has spilt snakebite all over your Unknown Pleasures top. But that’s ok because you have two more at home.

Things are on the up however and the DJ has decided you seem like a GBOL and agreed TWO of your requests, rather than the usual one. What are your choices?

No pressure.

Indie disco anecdotes welcome.

10 Likes
6 Likes

My main memory of nights that weren’t 42’s or 5th ave were that they seemed to always play one banger (Hot Chip) then some absolute rubbish (Joe Lean And Jing Jang Jongs)

6 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes
10 Likes

salt peppa and spinderella :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Blue Monday
Take Me Out

On a loop, with shots of sambucca, to be lit inside one’s oral cavity until I fall over

4 Likes

Oh, I get two? Sweet.

3 Likes

I see you’ve stuck to the formula!

2 Likes
9 Likes

My mate in Birmingham brought me to the chip shop this song was named after as some kind of essential tour. Left my coat in there didn’t I

3 Likes

So many fond memories of the DiS nights at the Barfly in this era :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yeah, at New Slang they’d often follow something like Daft Punk is Playing at My House with She Moves in Her Own Way or similar.

didnt know it was named after a chippy :smiley: so weird that this has come up today considering lex pretty much confirmed on fb last night? this morning? that theyre unlikely to do anything else. six pretty much perfect albums tho, helluva run

Great Dj if they’re playing this

Anyway

(Never knew this had a proper video, cute)

(An MTV2 rip for proper period appropriate watchings)

2 Likes

LSF were regularly played, were supposed to actually play once but cancelled for unclear reasons. New Slang regularly punched above their weight with their live bookings though, Vampire Weekend played there the week Contra came out.

Ah man, that’s a shame. I hadn’t heard. I loved the first album and EP but I kinda lost track of what they were doing.

and yeah it’s named after this I believe

Around 2008? I had tickets to see them at the zodiac in Oxford. Never claimed it back in the unlikely event it was rescheduled. Guess they must have binned the tour.