šŸŽ§ DiS Musical Primers

glad you liked it! yeah heā€™s slowed down in recent years due to starting a family but then made up for it by coming back with a 20 track double album. i havenā€™t actually heard all of them but most of the pertinent ones i think.

According to legend the cover is a sly dig at Cat Power, whom Bill had recently split up with.

1 Like

Feel free to take them too or instead, Iā€™m always interested in hearing what others think of them. Such a great band, they seem doomed to never get their proper due.

You need a tag, the emoji isnā€™t important as you canā€™t easily search by emoji.

Also you canā€™t follow emojis so you get alerts every time theyā€™re posted!

1 Like

You donā€™t need to pay for Spotify though. You could just start a scratch email account purely for Spotify if you want to get access to it. I used to use my free account to check out stuff that wasnā€™t on Bandcamp. Useful to have.

1 Like

I mean @TAFH33 started the other thread pretty much to defend them:

:smiley:

1 Like

I donā€™t need access really as I have Apple Music which gives me all the same music - the only disadvantage being not being able to publicly share playlists in the same way. I suppose I could have a Spotify account just for that, but itā€™s never really seemed worth bothering.

1 Like

Ah yeah, that makes sense.

Iā€™d very happily do a Gorkyā€™s Zygotic Mynci one.

5 Likes

Happy to put together playlists if you just want to post/dm a track list.

soundiiz.com is a handy site that lets you transfer albums and playlists between platforms but that would still mean signing up for a free spotify account.

1 Like

Thanks, Iā€™ll do that.

1 Like

great idea

Iā€™d be very interested - only heard Benji, which I really liked. One of those with a vast enough discography that it is tough to know where to begin.

1 Like

Iā€™ll take Underworld, if no one else wants them?

Also happy to do Pink Floyd, but I get the impression that everyone who wants to like them likes them already and everyone who doesnā€™t has some sort of deep moral objection to having their minds changed.

5 Likes

Iā€™d be happy to do The Blood Brothers, or alternatively I could go into why the debut from Alexisonfire is my favourite album ever even though I dislike the rest of their discography

1 Like

You can transfer playlists from apple to spotify, spotify to amazon etc by using this site.

Not used it myself, but a mate converted and sent one to me a few days ago in around 2 minutes.

2 Likes

Would be interested in doing Underground Lovers. Will have to call on someone else to do the playlist up in spotify, though.

1 Like

i can make the playlists for notonspotify people if they send me their tracklists

1 Like

Happy to do British Sea Power if you run out of options :wink:

2 Likes

bump
not sure if Iā€™m up to it but if i do one of these I think itā€™ll be about Lambchop

4 Likes