Dissonance Radio - Week 14 (w/c 5th September)

Hello everyone!

This week we have a BRAND NEW SHOW courtesy of @guntrip! Join us for a languid late summer walk and some excellent tunes

Tracklisting here: Urbanism Mixtape #1 - Sunday, Early September 2022 - Dissonance Radio

And a sneak peak at what we have for the rest of the week:

If you want to be alerted to any new threads just subscribe to the tag here: Topics tagged dissonanceradio
If you’d like support the station check out our Ko-Fi page https://ko-fi.com/dissonanceradio
You can also follow us on Twitter and IG

7 Likes

Thaaaaank you! :relaxed:

So I picked up a monthly show on a local station (which is why I’ve not done anything so far!), this is intended to be more of an side project thing where I get to indulge myself a bit with fun ideas.

And I definitely had fun making this! There are field recordings as well, done this Sunday just gone, on exactly the kind of evening I wanted to make this for. Hope you all enjoy!

7 Likes

@guntrip I absolutely loved this!

1. Descriptions of parts of Newcastle that I’m very familiar with, and can picture perfectly;
  2. Urban planning connotations; and
  3. Great tunes - some of which I wasn’t familiar with, but can’t wait to investigate further (hello The Cat’s Miaow).
5 Likes

Ahhhh thank you! Really glad you enjoyed (and I wondered if someone would get the tour, I tried to make it specific enough for locals but general enough for everyone to enjoy!)

A relatively new one for me as well, there was a best of that came out recently that I really liked.

2 Likes

Who’s show is Giant Animals? I can’t find a tracklist on the mixcloud page and a few of your tracks on Ep14 were new to me

2 Likes

That’s @Badgerdeluxe, and there’s a tracklist here: Giant Animals #14 - Dissonance Radio

2 Likes

thanks, good job badgerdeluxe

3 Likes

Now that I think about it, the hint was in the name all along

3 Likes

Thankyou very much for those kind words!

1 Like

And today we have a very special guest mix from @GrandMoffTarkin on @colossalhorse’s Ghost Signals

Tracklisting is here: Ghost Signal #7 - GMT Guest Mix - Dissonance Radio

One of the genre tags is ‘lowercase’ which I’ve never heard of before

5 Likes

It’s definitely not just something I saw on their list of ambient charts and thought, “I bet we can totally chart on that.”

That would be cynical.

7 Likes

Thank you for having me again. Lowercase 4eva.

3 Likes

This is really lovely, enjoying this a lot this morning

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Thank you so much :pray:

4 Likes

yeah this lovely, just what I need today

2 Likes

Guess who’s back…

The Queen loved watching movies* and so in remembrance @Mistersteve and Scott put together this very special episode* all about that

*citation needed

7 Likes

Playlist:

Delicado - Percy Faith & His Orchestra
Danger Zone - Kenny Loggins
The Perfect Crime - Faith No More
Flash’s Theme - Queen
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me - U2
Partyman - Prince
Concrete & Clay - Unit 4 +2
What The Hell Have I - Alice In Chains
Local God - Everclear
So What - Miles Davis
No Time To Die - Billie Eilish
The Killing Moon - Echo & The Bunnymen
The Power Of Love - Huey Lewis & The News
Ghostbusters - Ray parker Jr.
Where Do You Go To My Lovely - Peter Sarstedt
Swing On A Star - Bing Crosby
The Perfect Drug - Nine Inch Nails
Exit Music (For A Film) - Radiohead

2 Likes

SURPRISE DROP

New Giant Animals from @Badgerdeluxe!

‘Some nice music’

Tracklisting here: Giant Animals #15 - Dissonance Radio

6 Likes

Morning everyone!

It’s that time of the month again. @rob.orch is back with @grievoustim with song choices old and new, perfect for a Saturday morning I reckon

Tracklisting here: Rob on the Radio 10th September 2022 - Dissonance Radio

7 Likes