February 2022 Film News/Trailer chat thread

1 Like

Soderbergh’s first HBO Max film (which came out in December 2020) never made it out here as far as I can tell, his second HBO Max film (No Sudden Move) came out on Sky about four months after the US, and his latest one (Kimi) is out on Sky on the 19th, a week after the US. Presumably his next one will come out here first?!

My Letterboxd was flooded this week with seemingly unanimous “good but not great, amazing to have a film under 90 mins 3.5/5” reviews.

1 Like

bit worried Peele is going to ‘do a Shyamalan’

2 Likes

Us was already pure Shyamalan imo. This trailer looks great to me but has definitely has massive Signs vibes (not a bad thing).

1 Like

yeah i guess i mean overall career wise - i thought Us was terrible so there’s a lot riding on this one!

1 Like

finally! thought this has been completely canned

Honestly thought that this was a joke at first

I refuse to believe this is a real film and not a parody of “guy cry” films you’d hear as a throw-away gag in a mid tier American sit com.

1 Like

We had Pig last year (though that was really good in fairness), will we get Cat or Horse next?

We already have Cat (sort of). I think we need a capybara film to ride the wave of hype they are getting.

2 Likes

Saw this in an actual cinema, can confirm it was a perplexing experience.

(Especially since it’s Tatum’s first lead role in years???)

not sure about this at all. looks like they de-aged john trovolta to cast him as the lead singer of a late 2000s emo band