February's a bit grim so far, eh?

Other albums I’ve enjoyed from this month

Moon Duo - Nice Droney hypnotic stuff
Elbow - Like how its a lil more stripped back
Elza Carthy + The Wayward Band - Excellently composed traditional English folk with some lavishly textured moments
Tinariwen - Psych tinged world music
Stef Chura - Pretty solid indie rock, nothing mind blowing like but I’m enjoying it
Samphra - Pretty good, a lil over hyped, but it’s ear candy

Really like this! My sisters boyfriend keeps telling me to check them out, maybe I should pay more attention…

I guess if you’re the sort of beige music lover who likes Elbow it would seem grim. I’m sure U2 or Coldplay will be along with musical mogadon soon, though. Chin up, fella.

1 Like

also the new Xiu Xiu will be available in… 10 hours

1 Like

This makes me happy, are we all happy?

Third person to recommend Jesca Hoop’s album…I’d never heard of her until last year’s collaboration with Sam Beam. But, to be honest, I thought that was a bit lightweight, so this album was a pleasant surprise. Just the right amounts of weird and gorgeous americana.

Also check out Hand Habits (guitarist who plays with kevin morby, similarl style) and the Lowly, who play reverby dream pop a bit like Beach House.

Another vote for Moon Duo here.

Also really good albums from Sinkane, Sacred Paws and Ed Dowie and nice to hear some new material from Blanck Mass and Ride.

I’ve also got some new stuff from Brian Jonestown Massacre and Meursalt to listen to.

I’d say it’s been a pretty good month.