FILM CLUB #48: The Christmas Chronicles! (Saturday 8pm)

Merry merry ho ho!

Let’s all watch a Christmas film together, eh? Anyone who wants to join in can nominate one or two titles that are available on UK Netflix (or for free on youtube or similar), the deadline for this is at 8pm tomorrow (Friday). Then we vote on the titles suggested, and whichever film wins the poll by 6pm on Saturday is what we watch together at 8pm! You will be able to sign up for a DM live chat at some point during this process.

Nominate away, please! @filmclubbers

2 Likes

PS: Vetoing a rewatch of the Parton film

1 Like

My two nominations:

Good work on the Christmas Film image

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

do you think you’d follow this without seeing the other ones

Yes.

Basic premise from the first film is school is run by a PTA of perfect moms. Mila Kunis is a ‘bad mom’ ie drinks and doesn’t do home baking etc. Befriends some other bad moms and hilarity ensues.

I think I’ve seen the second and it’s just more of the same but with tinsel

If I recall correctly it’s got Christmas movie favourite Christine Baranski in it

2 Likes

Love that you answered this sincerely!

2 Likes

FFS

5 Likes

A future film club between now and new year for The Prom (2020)

The Prom is a 2020 American musical comedy film directed by Ryan Murphy and adapted to the screen by Chad Beguelin and Bob Martin, from their and Matthew Sklar’s 2018 Broadway musical of the same name. The film stars Meryl Streep, James Corden, Nicole Kidman, Keegan-Michael Key, Andrew Rannells, Ariana DeBose, Kerry Washington, and Jo Ellen Pellman.

• Be my prom date (yes)
  • Nooooooooooooooope

0 voters

It sounds absolutely awful but I’d still join in

3 Likes

The sort of awfulness that needs to be watched with a GBOL

2 Likes

I’m working two 12 day hour shifts this weekend. This’ll be my Sunday night viewing when they’re over.

Looks daft and way over the top. Looking forward to it.

just watched the trailer

kin hell man

1 Like

Only on disney it looks like

Just vote yes and shut up

2 Likes

I have never wat hed A Muppet Christmas Carol (I know, I know), well up for a supplementary film club for it if enough people have it available through old fashioned means or D+

1 Like

It’s usually on telly at some point so maybe we can time it then for those of us who don’t have disney+

1 Like