Film Club: SET IT UP (Wed 21st 8pm) 🍿

Oh fuck

@filmclubbers

Live DM chat?
  • absolutely

0 voters

The trailer looks really scary so I may duck out midway if I can’t handle it

1 Like

im a big scaredy cat too but think it’ll be fine watching in a group. hopefully.

2 Likes

I watched this on a plane next to strangers and honestly got so scared towards the end that I wanted to hug one of them. I didn’t but it wasn’t easy.

2 Likes

I would LOVE to watch this with film club (preferably with a zoom set up too to see reactions). But sadly I cannot join you. Enjoy!

1 Like

I only saw this again the other week, so I’ll duck out tonight. It’s really good though, and not that super scary, @avocado. Toni Collette is brillliant in it, should have won a load of awards

2 Likes

HEREDITARY

0 voters

It has some really great bits and is mostly a good reworking of Lovecraft’s the Case of Charles Dexter Ward but fuck me does it not land the ending.
Was really enjoying it till the last 10 minutes. :man_shrugging:t2:🤦

some of the cinematography is great, the way the rooms are framed like dioramas is really well done

2 Likes

I loved the ending - his confused and triumphant look

4 Likes

I really love the ending even though I have been dunked on before for my interpretation of it

what was your interpretation of it

the demon is sort of a trickster god, which I think is evident throughout how it messes with the family culminating in the ‘ritual’ having done nothing and yer lad is just standing there surrounded by naked weirdoes without a fucking clue what is going on. Def fits with Aster’s sense of humour imo

2 Likes

quite like that. did spot in the book she found in the attic he was described as the god of mischief so maybe, would deffo categorise that as “mischievous”

2 Likes

Hi @filmclubbers! Hope you all enjoyed Hereditary.

Just stopping by to say that this week is moving along a LOT faster than I was prepared for, and I have a horror film festival this weekend, so I won’t be able to organise a new one until next week. I am very sorry for any inconvenience and hurt feelings etc, and urge you to do another one without me in the meantime. Will think of something really good for next week, promise! :jack_o_lantern:

3 Likes

Exactly.

Hi, Paimon here. Just, you know, one of the eight gods of Hell. Don’t mind me, I’m a bit of a trickster. I’ll just completely destroy your family and life. I may even bring you wealth if you’re lucky but I might not bother with that.
I also like beheadings. Bring your friends!

i’ve not seen it but i read the synopsis on imdb and had a nightmare about it

3 Likes

@filmclubbers what u up 2 tonight

No time for movies for me tonight, soon as I get home I have a zoom thing

caribbean takeaway goes really well with a filmclub you know

1 Like