Football in the bleak mid winter I: COVID returns

This one can cover the midweek fixtures too. Sorry to the Bees and the Hornets that nobody could be arsed to make a thread for your game that definitely happened yesterday.

COVID has begun to rampage its way through the Spurs camp, has claimed Ivan Toney, and a few Leicester players too. I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say that we were truly, truly looking forward to watching Spurs take on Brighton, but we wish all the players and staff a speedy recovery.

• Citeh
  • Wolves
  • Draw

0 voters

• Arsenal
  • Southampton
  • Draw

0 voters

• Pensioners
  • Squatters
  • Draw

0 voters

• Gerrard (player)
  • Gerrard (manager)
  • Draw

0 voters

• Norwich
  • Bumted
  • Draw

0 voters

Off to the city v wolves game with my dearest partner, a wolves fan. In the city end :confused:

Hope she can keep her trap shut, although can’t imagine she’ll have much to celebrate :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Missed that there was a game last night. Fantasy team is stuffed.

Games back behind closed doors by Christmas fixtures do we think? It would seem sensible to at least do reduced capacities, but not expecting good time Johnson to do anything to upset anyone at this point, seeing as brexit football lads must be one of the key constituencies who are probably laughing at the Christmas party thing.

Frustrating nil nil, or 1 nil to wolves in the last 5 minutes written all over it.

1 Like

City on first after a traumatising midweek away trip in Europe I see.

Big day today as Anfield sees the return of a legend. Hope Danny Ings is passed fit so he gets the reception he deserves

6 Likes

Spurs Rennes to be decided by best of 3 on FIFA (simulated).

3 Likes

Can’t believe we’re out of the Confy

:disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

Trying to work out how you get back into it next year (i have no idea)

1 Like

If you wish to enter the Conference League,
Answer me these questions three…

“Can you guess which Gent player this is?”, etc

8 Likes

Just remembered Gary lineker quit his job to follow Leicester in the conference league

8 Likes
  • West Didsbury & Chorlton
  • Stafford Town
  • Draw
  • Game rained off at half time

0 voters

Morning all

Didn’t realise before Liverpool’s last minute flukey winner last weekend that Wolves were unbeaten in 6. Just been quietly going about their business haven’t they, very admirable manager and team.

They were absolute pony against us, don’t get it

Erm we beat them 4 games before the Liverpool game, and as @Severed799 said, they were pony.

1 Like

Walker in the doghouse, Pep still trying to make Grealish work as a false 9. Least he’s dropped de Bruyne.

We’re not scoring today.

Five easy wins for the big boys in the Prem today then

The fixtures computer has absolutely fucked us until the new year though.

Liverpool last week, Manchester today, Chelsea next weekend (Watford on Boxing Day) and then Arsenal and Trad Bricks.

Oh, almost forgot a guaranteed 0-0 against Brighton midweek.

i hope we murder those damn canaries today, just a real brutal drubbing please ralf, grind their bones into dust

3 Likes