Glastonbury 2019 - Armchair viewing thread

I saw him at the Deaf Institute with Diiv and at the Roadhouse with Seann Nicholas Savage the night before we went out for Primavera one year.

Then after Salad Days came out I got oddly fascinated by him mainly because he went from the Roadhouse to playing (relatively) massive venues in town and I couldn’t work out for the life of me why.

Last time I saw him was at Primavera (not out of choice seem to remember bumped into someone I hadn’t seen for awhile and was have a natter) his drummer played the set naked it was bloody terrible.

The Comet is Coming are brilliant right now. So pleased a lot of Glasto is on TV.

5 Likes

Rosalia is absolutely smashing it

Lauryn Hill is painful

I’m gonna rewind and catch them. Hope it sounds good if I turn my TV up really loud

So is the iPlayer best place to watch rather than the red button? I’m watching on the red button and it has a menu option with nothing on it, so it’s just random one song clips playing. Currently The Wombats, which looks great fun in the sun.

I think iPlayer is better than the red button. Only my opinion though.

1 Like

My red button diverts to iPlayer anyway.

So THIS is Idles?? Jesus this is fucking awful.

11 Likes

Not this ^

7 Likes

Still not convinced that they’re not some kind of elaborate joke.

6 Likes

They’re just a punk band

Sorry, never heard of it

4 Likes

Yeah iPlayer not Red Button is the way to go, definitely. All 5 of your big stages are on there live at least…

Not their biggest fan, but Idles was lots of fun. Would have been great to be there. Found Danny Nedelko oddly moving even before his Mrs came on at the end.

6 Likes

Lauryn Hill is a bit erractic I suppose but Ex Factor is still such an incredible song

2 Likes

Has the full Fontaines D.C. set been on anywhere ? at any point ? All I’m seeing is The Wombats and Sheryl Crow.

Yeah I watched Fontaines earlier, was great. Just go to iPlayer, click on the John Peel stage and rewind.

That Idles set was absoutely superb.

2 Likes

Right, thanks. I’ve been using the red button.

Been a bit scared to watch it, probs gonna leave it alone :confused: