Good songs which use double bass drum pedals

Are there any? No I say!

Prove me wrong!!

4 Likes

That’s the opposite of what this thread is about

???

1 Like

I can’t prove you wrong as there are none.

Standard

7 Likes

Although this version is faster (and better).

3 Likes

everything on reign in blood through seasons in the abyss

4 Likes
3 Likes

Are they used in Alcest’s Là Où Naissent les Couleurs Nouvelles around the 2:45 mark? I’m a lousy drummer who doesn’t understand how anything good is done.

1 Like

Almost forgot my likely AOTY:

4 Likes
1 Like

Prison Song?

1 Like

Rare non-metal example. With two blokes from Oceansize tearing stuff up.
Double bass pedal can be heard from 0:50 onwards.

And another from the same bloke, why not. Sleeping Dogs and Dead Lions by Oceansize. The whole thing’s full of great double bass pedals but there’s an especially good fill around 3:45.

7 Likes

Genuinely think Mark’s doing those fancy bits in the verse on one foot. Haven’t listened to this song/album/band for so long. It’s amazing.

Sleeping Dogs is my one of my favourite songs to badly drum along to. Homage to a shame being my favourite

1 Like

Do you follow him on Instagram? Some of the techniques he comes up with are wild

2 Likes

I think frames is the best 'size album in terms of it sticking to a consistent theme, the others are a bit all over the place. The EPs are also flawless owing to that imo.

Kong were great, my favourite band to watch live. According to Mark’s insta he’s involved in a new project so will be interesting to see where that goes. USA Nails are a good band too, as are Then Thickens, but none of it scratches that Kong itch!

How do you like Vennart? The new record is growing on me a lot. Like you say it’s a big shame they couldn’t sort it out.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Glad the passed the Dismantling The Drum Kit Piece By Piece On The Last Song torch to Future of the Left