Good places

Major Tom’s social - pizza and beer
Little ale house - beer
North - beer
Starling- cafe, cakes, beers
Paradise tap and taco - tacos and beer
Pranzo - pasta

1 Like

Holiday cottage/lodge thing somewhere in Nidderdale. Going to watch some hills for a bit.

2 Likes

my granddad was from knaresborough. deserves its own thread really

1 Like

Don’t think they let you stay inside, in case you turn into a rock

Konak Meze is great for Turkish food

Will try and direct my colleagues there next time I go

I went so long ago that there was a Roland Rat cuddly toy hanging in the waterfall.

Great choice :slight_smile: one of my favourite places

1 Like

They’ve got a really nice spoons in Harrogate. Real fancy like

If I was wanting to visit somewhere for the day I’d go to Knaresborough. Especially if I was taking children.

Enjoyed ‘What Is Love?’ but a bit of a one hit wonder really.

1 Like

My favourite Harrogate fact is that Harrogate International Centre hosted the 1982 Eurovision Song Contest.

It’s a pretty nice place, but slightly too posh for me to commit to fully liking it.

2 Likes

Never been. Isn’t there supposed to be a nice tea room there? Maybe treat yourself to tea and scones (but maybe not if you’re there right now - it’s a bit too hot to be drinking tea at the moment).

Betty’s is the nice tea room.

1 Like

there’s a Betty’s there which often has a long queue outside

Ilkley also has a Betty’s which i have walked past hundreds of times, don’t think i’ve ever been to either

1 Like

my mum goes there with my aunties sometimes

1 Like

his dad was a factory boss like keir starmer’s

fucking stinks (never been)

Well, can’t say much about Harrogate town centre as we didn’t go in, but they did have a Volvo garage able to fix up our car when the warning light came on after a trip to RHS Harlow Carr (strong recommend if you like nice outside places).

(Nidderdale was lovely and I would’ve liked to do a bit more walking around it but I fell off my bike taking a corner on a cyclocross track rather too aggressively and I’ve been unable to muster more than a slow limp since…)

1 Like

I went yesterday

2 Likes