🤼‍♂ How Good of a Wrestler Were They Really? NEW YEAR'S EDITION! 🤼‍♀ #39 THE BIG SHOW 🥳 😭

Ah that’s really nice to hear! That period was what got me be back in, for my sins

1 Like

Aye for sure but it’s important to note this is a retrospective admission, at the time Vince sent him down to Cornette and Show felt he was being hard done by

That’s true. No one is gonna react well to being sent down to developmental, after being on the main show for years, even if it’s for your own good.

Has he retired now?

1 Like

He turned up this year to challenge Drew McIntye just after Mania (partly to promote his sitcom) so no, not fully.

1 Like

3 from me. Seems nice enough, good reliable hand on the whole, long career and perfectly happy to make a dick of himself in the name of entertainment.

On the other hand, he’s never really done anything worthy of going above the mid-card as far as I can tell and his KO punch is one of my all time most hated finishers.

3 Likes

Pretty much sums up my thoughts nicely

He’s funny, a good actor and a mediocre wrestler.

When he’s in good shape though hes fully capable of pulling out surprisingly good work. Remember that feud with Mark Henry? Those matches were way better than they had any right to be. Would’ve gone on to do far greater things if he didn’t lose motivation so often especailly mid career.

He also came into a roster with Kane and The Undertaker in it - not exactly easy to stand out with those 2 already main eventing when you arrive as a big man. Think he debuted at the wrong time in the Fed (and also his initial push was awful)

2 Likes

Part of me wants to say he’s been a victim of monumentally bad booking but really, has he ever had a good match? I don’t think so really. I guess that’s not what he’s there for, he’s a name who can go in do a few slaps, chokeslam, punch and leave. All things considered excellent longevity and athleticism for such a large unit, and fine on the mic etc but jesus do I find him boring. Generous 2.

1 Like

I loved his series with Mark Henry in 2013 I think? Legit really good Hoss matches

I also have a soft spot for that baffling mat based wrestling match he had with Kane on raw that one time

1 Like

really liked the last man standing match he had with roman, totally unexpected how good that was. stuff with braun was good too but that was after he got himself back into shape so maybe not as surprising. can’t remember which brock match was which but they were usually pretty good together, even without the ring breaking gimmick

Heyman turning on Brock in the garden against Big Show was a good moment from 2002 in an otherwise terrible, terrible match

1 Like

I don’t remember this match with Roman but it was one of his only well rated by pwi matches

Pretty suree this was booked to troll JR

1 Like

real good hossfest imo

also like that chairs match with sheamo where he clobbered him with a giant chair, excellent sports entertainment

2 Likes

I’d forgotten about that!

Lovely stuff

4 Likes

Weeeeeeellllll, well it’s Monday

lol kind of forgot about this one. Who should be thread #40?!

• Andre The Giant
  • Arn Anderson
  • Giant Haystacks
  • Lex Luger
  • Ted DiBiase
  • Jeff Jarrett
  • Kevin Nash
  • Scott Hall
  • Buff Bagwell
  • X-Pac
  • The Rock
  • Raven
  • Rhyno
  • Test
  • The Dudley Boyz
  • Tajiri
  • Rey Mysterio Jr.
  • Batista
  • Bobby Lashley
  • Sabu
  • Fit Finlay
  • MVP
  • Hardcore Holly
  • The Great Khali
  • Mark Henry
  • Edge
  • Jeff Hardy
  • The Miz
  • John Morrison
  • R-Truth
  • Christian
  • Cody Rhodes
  • Dolph Ziggler
  • Drew McIntyre
  • Kofi Kingston
  • Matt Hardy
  • Sheamus
  • Alberto Del Rio
  • Dean Ambrose
  • Roman Reigns
  • Seth Rollins
  • Randy Orton
  • Luke Harper/Brodie Lee*

0 voters

*If that last option is deemed to be “too soon” I won’t be offended, but as he has come up as a legitimate option in the self-professed rules I’ve set here, I thought I’d offer him as a tribute thread (doesn’t need to have a score either if that feels a bit much)

note: Ted DiBiase won the last poll so is due a thread soon

Show scored 2.76, and now, a slightly different edition of HGWWTR