How Good was it Really?: Skins

Not a great showing for Gilmore Girls, but it did get 69 votes (nice)

Show Rating
I’m Alan Partridge 4.79
The Wire 4.75
Seinfeld 4.09
The Office UK 4.07
Breaking Bad 4.01
Friday Night Lights 3.89
Fawlty Towers 3.89
Knowing Me, Knowing You 3.84
Mid Morning Matters 3.8
The League of Gentlemen 3.64
The Office US 3.48
The X-Files 3.19
Malcolm in the Middles 3.18
Gilmore Girls 3.09
Psychoville 3.01
Mr. Bean 2.94
Only Fools and Horses 2.94
Lost 2.39
Goodnight Sweetheart 2.11

It’s Friday and I’m in the mood for some nostalgia, so let’s talk SKINS

(the third generation never happened)

0 voters

Byker Grove for people who thought The Klaxons were good.

:joy:

Never watched it

I really liked Skins. Thought it did a lot of good.

Some random thoughts:

• Dev Patel is fucking gorgeous these days
  • The third generation was almost offensively bad
  • Hated that they killed Chris
  • Hated that they had to kill someone off every gen
  • Isn’t it MAD how many stars the show spawned? Cassie and Chris in GoT, Dev Patel in Hollywood, Jack O’Connell is a proper good actor, Daniel Kaluuya is Daniel Kaluuya, her out of Gen 3 was in Split

Skins

Selfies thread is Dev Alahan
HGWIR thread is Dev Patel

Happy Devday

awful obviously but gonna give it a five anyway, fuck it

I give it 4 (fore), lol!

Came to post this. The casting director for the first series deserves whatever the casting equivalent is of an Oscar. The less said about literally everything that came after, the better

edit maybe that’s unfair. Series 1 felt like something properly different, and I loved the approach of casting (mostly) unknowns as the leads and then Proper Comedy Legends as the parents. But it got sucked into its own nonsense very quickly. See also: Misfits

From this description of the first 2 minutes of Gen 2, it’s got to be a 5. (Never watched it).

love this clip

Digitalskateboardturdsplifftexttrilbyswearingindierockcommunitypoliceponcepublady

I thought the first two series were really good but only saw a couple of episodes after that, seems to have gone on much longer than I thought it did

Not sure how far I got. Quite enjoyed it because I got to see lots of bits of Bristol and it reminded me of wandering around that place at 6 in the morning.

FUCKING HELL I DID NOT KNOW DANIEL KALUUYA WAS IN SKINS.

POSH KENNETH. FUCKING HELL.

I might have watched episode 1 - but quickly concluded that I was already too old to be watching this and stopped

Enjoy your nostalgia younger members of DIS

wrote a couple of episodes too apparently

First reaction : Nah mate it was ages ago I enjoyed it
After a google: I was 27 why was i watching skins

That episode where the posh guy wants to take revenge on Tony by thinking he is going to be forced in to having sex with Effy was properly nasty, blew my mind as a teenager.

Having all the kids parents played by top British comedians was a masterstroke too.

Obviously got completely terrible quite quickly in to second group but will forever have a place in the heart of a generation of teenagers I reckon.

I was 32

I might have watched it if my life was a whirl sex and drugs at that point, but I was deep into the world of work and parenting, seeing young people enjoying themselves was not really what I needed