R Miranda 1.49
R Little Britain 1.27
R Come Fly With Me 1.13

TODAY: SPACED

Uploading: image.pngā€¦

0 voters

Big Train:

0 voters

letā€™s do the Cornetto Trilogy while weā€™re here shall we?

SHAUN OF THE DEAD

0 voters

ITV2ā€™S HOT FUZZ

0 voters

THE WORLDā€™S END

0 voters

Gave Spaced a 4. Loved it at the time and rewatched it a lot but it hasnā€™t aged all that well, and itā€™s just a bit annoying now.
Big Train is a 5 all day. Will never get tired of watching it. The starting contest, Prince etc are all great but thereā€™s a lot of brilliant stuff hidden away, like the guy who wants to buy the Ritz and rename it the Titz. The smug man who canā€™t open doors is a personal favourite, along with the Virginia Plain sketch and this, this is just the best

4, 3, 2 for the films.

6 Likes

Loved Spaced at the time. Not sure how it would hold up but think Iā€™ll give it 5 anyway.

Never seen more than the odd clip of Big Train as sketch comedy just isnā€™t my thing (no vote).

Films I felt just really missed Jessica Hynes or at least some female input - all gets a bit Pegg/Frost bromance - Shaun a bit meh, actively disliked most of Hot Fuzz, Worldā€™s End actually liked a lot more but I think it would be silly to claim itā€™s anything more than just a likeable rainy Sunday afternoon film. So probably 2,1,3?

Not seen big train. Spaced has its moments but was probs more revered than it ought to have been and aged pretty badly. Was probably too young to be part of it at the time and watching it years later is obviously a different thing. 3.

4, 2 and not seen for the cornetto trilogy

Not gonna hog the thread all day with loads of clips but these are fucking great

5 Likes

Both have a great first series 5/5 and a slightly crap second 3/5. 4/5 overall

Shaun 4
Hot fuzz 2

Never saw the worldā€™s end but bet itā€™s a 1

1 Like

ā€œSTREETS OF voice breaks slightly LONDON!!!ā€

8 Likes

Here to post thus

7 Likes

I think Spaced is absolutely tremendous but it probably speaks to the fact I watched it when it came out and it seemed aimed directly at me.

ā€˜Jar Jar Binks makes the Ewoks look likeā€¦fuckingā€¦ Shaftā€™

Iā€™ll forever love it.

13 Likes

Just checking, they have told you that Iā€™m an evil hypnotist?

3 Likes

SPACED is a solid 5. First time I felt like someone had made a comedy aimed squarely at my sense of humour. It was funny, clever and odd without being zany.

I guess reference comedy has been done to death now but it felt fresh at the time.

I can quote it all and Iā€™ve seen it a million times.

Big Train was patchy but great in the highlights. Sean and Fuzz get 5s, Worldā€™s End a generous 3.

4 Likes

Loved Spaced. I was exactly the right age for it, living a similar lifestyle to the heroes (not as funny though). Putting on my best seductive voice and saying ā€œHello Brianā€ every time I open a bottle of red /5.

Shaun was also great, perhaps slightly dulled by familiarity but it was made with so much love for the Romero classics that I canā€™t help but give it a five. The other two films are likeable, but not at the same level.

Only dipped into Big Train. ā€˜Salright.

2 Likes

Not sure about grouping these together. Obviously the Simon Pegg/Mark Heap link, but thatā€™s it.

Also is anyone going to mention the Linehan Big Train thing? Itā€™s probably the best ever sketch show, bit heā€™s certainly a fucker.

Big Train was/is my favourite sketch show and this is probably the best sketch, for me.

This one is great, too:

I loved Spaced as well at the time, but it hasnā€™t stuck in my memory to the same extent.

2 Likes
2 Likes

5-4-5-5-3, though Iā€™ve not watched Big Train that much. Basically what @sadpunk said, though I was probably still at school when Spaced first came out.

This thread has made me want to listen to Roxy Music.

1 Like