đŸ“ș How Good Was it Really?: The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air đŸ“ș

(Doesn’t exist)

4 Likes

it’s good! I like the bit where they do all that impossible sci fi analysis to determine that someone maybe put something into a plastic bag

2 Likes

Some really odd casting as well (Gene Hackman! Jon Voight! Jack Black! Earl from My Name is Earl! Gabriel Byrne for literally 30 seconds!).

1 Like

I gave it a 4 because it did actually put out a lot of pointed race commentary but yeah

Six Degrees Of Separation is good. Although that is, like, a quarter of a century ago

1 Like

3 from me. The first two or three series were great at the time. By the time he left school and lost his flat top hairstyle it had gone very stale.

Watching it back now, Will Smith is extremely irritating in almost every scene - it’s the supporting cast that made him look good.

And, yeah, I can’t think of a good film he’s in. Ali is probably the best, due to the subject matter, but it’s nowhere near as good as it should have been.

wtf is that

I fancied the other one

Love it so much. Just something that feels really comfortable to watch and makes you really care about the characters, which a lot of American sitcoms have done since. That’s not to say it didn’t hit on some interesting topics too.

Must start a rewatch soon.

1 Like

The idea that people think Men in Black is a bad film is insane to me.

13 Likes

Don’t want to go off-topic, but can’t let a mention of Enemy of the State pass without linking to the best use of the enhance trope ever

3 Likes

:+1:

When I was 5 my two favourite films were Men In Black and Independence Day. Loved Fresh Prince as well. Was a proper Will Smith stan

1 Like

Of course they were. You’re a very reasonable human being so it follows that you would enjoy two enjoyable films starring a charismatic leading man.

10 Likes

when carlton asks who the bully in philly is and will nonchalantly says “the dude who be spinning me around in the opening credits”

6 Likes

Still absolutely love Independence Day. Any film which has the main character punching out an alien has to be an automatic 5/5.

‘Welcome to Earth’

6 Likes

Never seen it. Abstaining.

coward

2 Likes

when will and carlton trick geoffrey into thinking he’s won the lottery and he’s exploding with joy so much he cusses out the whole family and flounces off

7 Likes

If you’re ever feeling really down make yourself a big plate of mash, cheese and beans and put Enemy of the State on.

Basically just a remake of The Conversation innit, and that’s one of the greatest films ever made.

2 Likes