I Am Furious About This

I used to write for Metal Hammer. I’m aware that the band Evanescence continue to be inexplicably popular, and are reverered by a certain demographic of people who were just young enough when Bring Me To Life came out to think it properly slammed, and not old enough to realise that they were just an even shitter Nightwish rip-off.

Those people are now e.g. magazine editors, content curators, DJs and Evanescence are considered An Important Band. I humour this revisionism. But my friends, a line has been crossed.

1 Like

Would you like a hug? x

2 Likes

Can we post good Fleetwood Mac covers to try and cheer you up?

Tracy McDonald wanted to see Evanescence on Corrie the other week but Steve was having none of it

6 Likes

Slightly gross actually, will blur

1 Like

Read an interesting piece about how the bald dude who did all the rapping in that famous song was properly forced into the band. The execs were all like you’re pretty good and all but having just a woman singing isn’t going to cut it so have this guy also.

that’s all i have to add.

1 Like

Yeah and amy lee has always been very vocal about how much she was against it, but frankly this monstrosity could do with a bit of bad white rapping.

“If you don’t looooooove me noooooow”
DON’T LOVE NOW
“You will neveeeer looooove meee agaaaaiiin”
NEVER LOVE

3 Likes

:- :rofl:

Most things in life can be improved with a bit of bad white rapping to be fair

3 Likes

An acceptable cover of The Chain?
Liars - sorry about the blind link.

I liked it. Because it sounds like Sinead O’Connor who my dad says looks like me, apparently.

Imagine covering The Chain and massively playing down the really famous riff in the middle. What’s the point?

2 Likes

Or is the riff only really famous over here because of Formula 1?

1 Like

The only cover version of this you need, its a bloke from quickspace who did the whole album in their ‘style’

Covering Fleetwood Mac whilst channelling Tool. Genius, if you think about it.

1 Like

No, it’s absolutely one of the most famous bass lines (solos?) of all time

2 Likes