Interpol - Marauder

always so thoroughly dull live…but i’ll probably go.

OLTA still underrated. #4 utter pish. never bothered El Pintor but i’ll give this a listen.

FTFY

1 Like

Do we reckon there’ll be a more extensive UK tour in 2019?

Struggle to see why the s/t 4th album is so derided as I quite liked it - my first time seeing Interpol was when they were touring this one (Brixton 2010).

I think most people find it a real slog more than anything, but good on you if you dig it

The lastest social media posts hint at that ‘more to come’ so hopefully will be more uk dates.

Hmm. Can’t evade the feeling that these sound like the b-sides to their last album, and I wish Banks would remember what made his voice so effective.

Yeah, not overly keen on the vocal on this one.

Don’t really like the guitar or vocal.

Sounds a little compressed as well ?

aka the Dave Fridmann effect

1 Like

Actually really love that.

1 Like

Wish he wouldn’t put those effects on his vocals

My favourite song on the album - yeah - probably still would rather have it without the vocal experiments.

Love the first 3 albums, 4th was a struggle, and couldn’t quite get on with El Pintor. I love the music but seems like Banks’ melodies and lyrics just clash with the music a lot now where they used to blend seamlessly into the music. I’m having the same issue with the new songs. But is it just me / old age / nostalgia trick…?

Anybody else really struggling to get to grips with the DiS review of this? Reads like a 5 (or worse), and it’s a 9. I’m not sure I buy the “it’s art so it’s a 9” argument. Certainly hasn’t encouraged me to listen to it.

Just read it now. I pretty much just wanna say “Yeah, great, but what does the album sound like…?”

Arty?

Yeah… It’s not enough, as you say. Based on what I’ve heard already and a few reviews, it all suggests another mixed bag.