It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

eggs

New series started yesterday. First episode is a banger.

Twelve series in and it’s still great. That’s damn good going.

Do you guys hate it yet or what?

It’s definitely dipped a bit from its peak but it’s still one of the best things on TV. The suburbs episode last series was an all-time classic. Will catch up on the new one at some point over the weekend

Thougbt the new one was okay but a bit lazy tbh. Apparently the series has some great epiaodes coming up. I do find Its Always Sunny either brilliant or a bit flat, its a mixed bag but thats inevitable after going so long

The best episodes in the latter series have usually been the ones written by Charlie Day, Glenn Howerton & Rob McElhenney and the latest episode (although a little messy) stayed true to form in that sense; as it has some gem moments which you don’t always get with the other writers.

I’m a sucker for musicals though and the Quantum Leap stuff made me chuckle a fair bit

What’s it airing on?

Do I watch week by week, or just BINGE at the end?

I stream it weekly. The last two seasons have been made available on Netflix fairly quickly after the series ends in the US though.

Should have ended with last season’s finale, that would have been perfect if they hadn’t ducked out of it at the last minute.

Recent 3 or 4 seasons have been quite bad really but still capable of the odd gem here and there.

Yes. Shark jumping seems to be being pulled off by making everything increasingly ludicrous. At least Southpark had the britches episode as a mea culpa

Ah I thought the last 2 series have been among the best!

The last one had more hits than the few before it but that court case one was the worst thing they’ve ever done.

Agreed it’s basically any episode where they try and leverage in-jokes too far that everything becomes immensely shitty. That entire episode was a bizarre idea.

If I want a quick chuckle I always aim from season 2 to season 5

That’s true, that episod ewas weak as. I dont really like anything with the McPoyle’s though tbf

Aye, they always seem to callback to the weakest stuff as well, rum ham is lame as shit, Chardee McDennis was fine I guess for a one-time thing, the McPoyles are fully played out and should never have been extended into their wider family IMO.

The best episodes are the ones which just pair up the gang for opposing sides of a scheme and run with it. The dynamics between the characters are so well established at this point that they don’t need to keep trying to push the boat with plots.

brb rewatching boat episode.

Because of the implication.

Country Mac though

yes. yes.

increasingly I’ve changed as to who the funniest character is.

in 2006 (fucking hell this thing has been running a long time) I thought it was Charlie.

Then clearly, for years, it was Dennis.

But it’s Mac. His facial expressions ALONE. Even saying that makes me think “Dennis, the body mass alone.”

Mac is the absolute best to look at when someone else is doing the heavy lifting in a scene, his reactions are always incredible.

I fucking love Dee but Charlie is consistently the best really isn’t he.

Mac also looks disarmingly like Tony Bellew, or vice versa

i’ve slightly fallen out of love with charlie. He without question has the funniest lines overall, but they’re getting fewer and further between. They’ve ramped up the wrong parts of his personality.

On the other hand you get moments like

“Yeah he doesn’t even get us man” which watching the bloopers for is glorious because it’s good to see that Dennis reacts in the same way I did: absolute shock laughter at how well that was delivered.

or as i pointed out last week, jesse in gilmore girls lately