January Football Thread

Really not fussed about Gundo, but finding a replacement for Silva, who can do his creative and linking stuff, whilst working so hard in the press, will be very difficult. Even without Chelsea treating players like panini stickers.

I suppose you could possibly see Alvarez in that role but more as a link between a slightly deeper midfield and Haaland up front.

1 Like

I think the club is just sort of assuming they can get Bellingham. Which yeah in the type of environment Chelsea have created is an extremely bold assumption.

Seems daft building a team around a player that might only be there for a couple more years.

This happens to me every couple of seasons but I have no idea who plays for anyone anymore.

5 Likes

A readymade replacement for Casemiro will crop up at some point, don’t worry about it.

But McTominay s already there. Any day now he’s going to have an epiphany and become the player United really need.

Feel like we’re living in the one universe in a million where he’s not already at Everton.

1 Like

Got to feel for the Everton fans turning their calendar over today.

20 Likes

The angle of that photo is giving off a power podz look with the proportions

pavel-nedved-microstar

4 Likes

If you have the strat Brighton have you dont sign a bunch of 19 year olds and throw them i to your starting 11. They sign them and send them to Belgium where Bloom owns a club and bring them in once theyve developed for the players we lose to the oil clubs. Aresnal and Chelsea dont the same uphill struggle as Brighton in convincing players to stay so they need a deep reserve and they need to make sure said reserve is getting plenty of first team football

Yeah MGW splits them. Surridge/Awoniyi can drift to the middle and Johnson stays wide. Another forward comfortable out wide would’ve been great seeing as Dennis is shit.

1 Like

2 Likes

Is that Jenny off Gogglebox

2 Likes

Possibly. Can’t watch it over here :frowning: not sure what she looks like. I’m guessing like North America’s third best player of all time.

Agree with most of what you said but I do think you’ve been harsh with the “ok centre back” and “one basic error every game”. He’s been really dependable for City.

I take the points of offering nothing going forward and weakening the squad overall but he’s been good.

where’ve you heard that? Not massively surprising as Bernardo has wanted out for 2 years or so now. I’d rather see us keep Gundo for another year because I think too much upheaval in the area that Pep clearly sees as the most important part of the pitch is pretty risky.

The talk of Maddison is particularly underwhelming to me. He’s nowhere near the level of Gundo and Bernardo.

Settling into their role as the once babyface turned monster heel nicely I see

1 Like

Is the list of dates pointing up because up the toffees?

1 Like