Kevin Morby

Keep coming back to this year’s record, really loving it. He and the band were sounding so good at End of the Road too, one of the big highlights.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s really special. Got a wee baby, and it’s lovely to stick on now, knowing I’ll always remember this time when I listen to it in future.

2 Likes

Big fan of both Babies LPs really but this one is really great.

5 Likes

Never even knew about this band, but Sundowner and Photograph have taken over lately (already loved Singing Saw - any other reccs from his discography?)

Loving ‘The Babies’.

1 Like

Aside from the last two City Music and Harlem River are my favourites from his solo back catalogue.

He was also in the band Woods for a bit, Bend Beyond is my favourite of his LPs he contributed towards.

So much music for someone who is now only 34(!)

2 Likes

Think my favourite is Still Life

He’s remarkably consistent though, when I was working my way through his catalogue I expected to find a dud somewhere

1 Like

Yes this is the sense I’m getting. Photograph really is a beautiful, kindly album though.

05/06 Manchester, England - New Century
06/06 Bristol, England - SWX
07/06 London, England - Roundhouse

7 Likes

Every time I stick This Is A Photograph on, I can’t help but feel like it didn’t get the love it deserved. Such a special album.

9 Likes

I was surprised it scored very few votes in our end of year poll here, it only just missed out on my top 5

1 Like

Was Jumbo Records’ in Leeds album of the year, but didn’t seem to trouble many of the end of year lists otherwise. Tbf even the Jumbo one might have been influenced by his gig at the Brude which by all accounts was phenomenal. When you’ve got someone who goes to as many gigs as Nath saying this, suggests it was a good un.

Decent sized venues on that June tour tbf, will probably try and get over to one

His Dublin gig in September was excellent. First time seeing him, would be well up for seeing him again.

Bought the RSD live album from a couple of years ago not long after seeing him.

1 Like

Another KEXP session out

1 Like

nice to see peston moonlighting on keys

1 Like
3 Likes

I went to that. It was very special indeed. If you get the chance, run don’t walk to get tickets.

2 Likes

This is interesting - it’s nice to see my post from above about being continually surprised by how great this album is slowly accruing likes.

It just keeps on giving - great song after great song, very well matched to the times but as joyous as it is poignant. They really are photographs, it’s so well done.

2 Likes

I saw him a couple of days before at End of the Road, in the best slot on the best stage (Garden Stage as the sun goes down) and it was brilliant, which is the only reason I wasn’t at the Brudenell. Despite that, still a bit gutted I missed it tbh.

3 Likes

Heard a couple of people on a radio review show being quite lukewarm towards More Photographs when it came out but I think it’s quite good. The acoustic versions of album tracks don’t really add much so I could happily live without those and trim it down to EP length, but really enjoying the sequel tracks and new tracks.

Was listening to him on Kreative Kontrol last week and it was interesting that he said when he first started working on the album he was convinced Kingdom of Broken Hearts was going to be the lead single and the title of the album, but it ended up falling by the wayside and not even making the album as the rest of it all came together

Think Triumph might have fit on the album quite nicely

2 Likes

I really like Photograph II but it’s very much an album of off-cuts

Albeit off-cuts from an absolutely top drawer album so it’s still very good

It’s my birthday and I was gonna treat myself to buying it, but turns out physical isn’t out until October. And TIAP is still out of print so I can’t buy that either. I hate the music industry.

1 Like