Mo Farah

This is pretty awful. Poor kid and brave for telling his story

6 Likes

Absolutely horrendous - I can’t even begin to imagine the trauma involved. It’s also incredibly depressing to think how things might have turned out if he didn’t have good teachers.

5 Likes

That’s devastating :pensive:

2 Likes

Horrific yet unsurprising. I’m sure they were already pretty unhappy with the idea of someone called Mohamed winning Olympic medals and getting knighted.

6 Likes

I might be wrong but can’t the Home Secretary now strip anyone of UK Citizenship so long as they have citizenship in another country? Wasn’t there something in February about this.

Shows how absolutely awful this Government are that as soon as I saw the story last night after the initial “fucking hell” of it all my next thought that some absolute dick of an MP is going to say something tomorrow probably suggest to arrest him.

2 Likes

It seems really telling that despite the fact that there would have been points where he could have laid claim to being one of the most popular people in the country, he’s still felt like he had to wait this long to speak about it.

7 Likes

Can’t imagine what it must have been like for him, and how many people are living like that now being trafficking victims

10 Likes

Watching the documentary on BBC1 is incredibly moving.

It was heartbreaking when he said that one of his relatives was likely to have been involved in trafficking him, what a thing to weigh on your mind

2 Likes

amazing eye-opening watch. the man was already a living legend and even more so now.

the secrecy and unanswered questions shouldn’t really be a surprise given the subject matter. i’m glad he got some answers.

his pe teacher is clearly a great man.

1 Like