Music in 2017

Mogwai is an odd one. On one hand they seem to be stuck in a bit of a rut and aren’t really pushing out in new directions. On the other hand nobody else does quietly Scottish melancholia quite so beautifully.

Other stuff I am hoping for in 2017 is a new Slowdive album (plus Ride and the Mary Chain both have new albums out). Jens Lekman, a possible new album from Motorama, the Toothless album, new stuff from Luxembourg Signal and loads more.

I also really really want to see Klangstof live in 2017 and can’t wait for King Creosote.

1 Like

Jens Lekam has just announced a new album

I’m hosting a special radio show today from 2-4pm looking ahead at releases due in 2017. Tune in online at http://www.sohoradiolondon.com/

1 Like

gotta say I’m pretty jazzed about 2017 as it’s looking already. check this lot out:

Anna Wise - The Feminine Act II
Blonde Bunny - Worldwide 100
Colin Stetson - All This I Do For Glory
Conor Oberst - Salutations
Dirty Projectors - Dirty Projectors
Oxbow - Thin Black Duke
Pissed Jeans - Why Love Now?
The Necks - Unfold
Toby Driver - Madonnawhore
WITTR - LP5

Mountain Goats album coming on 19th May. Called it. Looks smug
http://www.mountain-goats.com/the-mountain-goats-goths/

I’m really looking forward to the new Nadia Reid album. The snippets I’ve heard so far are amazing

Looking forward yo the new Sylvan Esso LP.

Love those guys!

2 Likes

In that entire list, I reckon I recognise maybe a dozen artists, and only actively like 1 of them (Lorde)

That’s now somewhat out of date as there’s a lot more titles and names added now here:
http://www.dreamtheaterforums.org/boards/index.php?topic=49013.0

A lot of names I am not even familiar with there, or are but don’t care for, including Lorde (despite the fact Mayer Hawthorne covered 1 of her songs)

couple more to add:

At the Drive-in - Inter Alia
Crystal Fairy - Crystal Fairy

could be a good year for me

Interesting - thought you’d already written off Pissed Jeans & new ATD-I?

Kind of but I’ll certainly be giving both proper listens at some point. Its more stuff ill be checking out this year than stuff i think is good.

1 Like

Pumarosa - The Witch (Loved all of their singles thus far, so quite excited for this)
Grandaddy - Last Place
Hurray For The Riff Raff - The Navigator
Laura Marling - Semper Femina
At The Drive-In - in•ter a•li•a
Blanck Mass - World Eater
Crystal Fairy - Crystal Fairy
Mastodon - Emperor Of Sand

Others:-

Warm Digits
Sylvan Esso
Pharmakon
System Of A Down
Arcade Fire
Lorde
Lana Del Ray
St Vincent
Arca
Jon Hopkins
The Haxan Cloak
Slowdive
Beck
Gorillaz
Phoenix (imo, hopefully better than Bankrupt!)
Zack De La Rocha (believe it when i hear it)
LCD Soundsystem
NIN

Off the top of my head:

Grandaddy (TOMORROW)
Family Scraps
Beck
Slowdive
Liz Phair

Looking forward to the Sleaford Mods album tomorrow!

1 Like

Already picked up the new Grandaddy and Sleaford Mods, the Meat Wave album has arrived just need to find some time to listen to them.

The new Pissed Jeans is getting better with every listen.

Idles release their debut soon and will get to hear new Spectres live on Saturday night.

of the confirmed stuff that I can think off, I’m most looking forward to these in march

jacaszek
david bazan
planning for burial
oisseaux tempete
saltland

then these april and onward

the new year
trachimbrod
lali puna
tw walsh
sleeping people
valgeir sigurosson

I’m feeling so embarrassed that she’s from my country and I still haven’t heard her, while I’m hearing great things about her from people in the UK. Time to rectify that :slight_smile:

Also grabbed Grandaddy and Sleaford Mods so this week should be good, and really looking forward to the new Magnetic Fields next week.

Pumarosa, Clark, Soulwax, Forest swords, Phoenix, Mogwai

Would be good to get new stuff from Portishead, Aphex Twin, Orbital, The KLF or Boards of Canada

1 Like

Mogwai is pencilled in for Autumn 2017, apparently.