šŸŽ· Music League 6 - Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme Gravy tonight - Round 3 A track that gives you goosebumps šŸŽ·

This Round kicks off on Wednesday at 12pm

https://musicleague.app/l/99033945fa9e4f53a1677d58583d5da2/

Hereā€™s the leaderboardā€¦

3 Likes

Quite a few ideas for this one

Have one that does it if I even think of the song and Iā€™m going to finish in last place.

Iā€™m finding this a weird round to pick for; when Iā€™m consciously thinking about goosebumps, nothing gives me them

2 Likes

Can this mean something quite impressive or does it just have to be frightening?

Itā€™s another anything goes round, really. Unless it means it has to give everyone collective goosebumps, which is nigh on impossible.

Found my track:

5 Likes

Itā€™s my round. I was thinking more about music that you have a strong emotional reaction to. Iā€™ve been reading just now that goosebumps are down to an adrenaline rush, which kind of makes sense in explaining why you also get them when you are really cold. I :heart: SCIENCE.

Fair point given that emotional connections are personal. Maybe some tunes connect with people more than others, idk.

I love the way some tunes pretty much always give me goosebumps. Itā€™s one of the things that makes music special to me. I canā€™t remember my goosebump tunes at the moment, though. Schoolboy error not to have a track lined up for my own fucking round.

4 Likes

I was discussing the music league with my brother at the weekend and mentioned this upcoming ā€œGoosebumpsā€ round and he said he would struggle because he has never had a song evoke that sort of reaction from him. Interestingly his go to music genre is garage rock which is not known for itā€™s goosebump moments, but we have a lot of cross overs in our listening habits (we both saw Spiritualized at Glastonbury which was full of goosebump moments for me).

I guess some people donā€™t get the goosebump response and some do. I have way too many tracks to choose from that give me goosebumps and they will do it every time I listen to that track.

1 Like

Trying to decide between a track I find really stunning and a track that makes me sob a bit.

Might save the latter in case thereā€™s a ā€˜songs that make you cryā€™ round.

2 Likes

I have far more ā€˜songs that make me cryā€™ than goosebumps songs. Most of my goosebump moments have been at a gig when everything comes together and hits just right- atmosphere, crowd, sound etc.

3 Likes

Songs that make you cry - literally any song Iā€™ve seen live where the crowd starts singing back to the band

Someoneā€™s nicked my goosebumps artist (different song), got to have a rethink.

just going for something really beautiful tbh

goosebumps caused because your track is

• Beautiful
  • Sad
  • Powerful/epic
  • Other

0 voters

was going to pick a very tragic song but it requires a bit of historical context so iā€™ve swapped to a slow building epic

Iā€™ve got one for each of these (as well as a frightening choice) so Iā€™m going to keep shifting between them.

1 Like

Had a very long shortlist for this one. Happy with my choice. Quite looking forward to this playlist actually.

I bumped my ā€œfeels like a movieā€ song up to this round and I think thereā€™s some real crossover between that goosebumps feeling and also the kind of expansive, cinematic moment that Iā€™m looking forward to hearing more of laterā€¦

1 Like

Damnit I canā€™t chose. Please help!

Should I go forā€¦

• Powerful/epic Option
  • Scary Option
  • Beautiful Option

0 voters