Music League: The Yeoman’s Revenge. Round One - Geography!

The League is Live! To take part join the league and submit before Friday for round one!

Theme is songs featuring modes of Geography.

Here is the league!

https://musicleague.app/l/603e32965ceed00023f105be/

Thanks to @spen78 @Rolley1982 and @brightlight for picking the rounds.

Round 11 will be added after the draw which will take place when the DiS song contest has ended.

1 Like

Site says geographic features?

Yay! But there appear to be some gremlins lurking. There are two Story rounds and two Canadian rounds.

Really?

Is it fixed?

Looks good to me.

1 Like

Is this what it’s meant to be?

1 Like

I believe so yes. It looks that way on mine.

Just trying a few options out before submitting.

1 Like

The only thing that remains confusing is your original post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Submitted, went for a dead obvious one to start but there’s no fun in that so changed

Only one person can choose Mull of Kintyre

4 Likes

Hmmm, submitted but now not sure. It takes too long to get going, fear listeners may drift away. Might have to go obvious. Dunno…

Can the title be something like “Mountains” or “The River” or does it have to be “Mountains of Mourne”? And can the location be fictional or in space or does it have to be somewhere on the Earth?

Are the following things geographical features:

The sky

• Of course!
  • Fuck off

0 voters

The sea (misc)

• Of course!
  • Fuck off

0 voters

The moon

• Of course!
  • Fuck off

0 voters

I’m pretty sure “feature” just means like anything naturally occuring. So yeah, like mountain, river volcano, etc would all be acceptable. Maybe someone can clarify tho…

I meant natural features, would include sky/earth/mountains/sea etc but a fictional mountain range or in space would be OK.

1 Like

Wouldn’t include planets/moons but would include a valley on the moon or something like that.

1 Like

From Wikipedia:

A feature , in the context of geography and geographic information science, is a phenomenon that exists at a location in the space and scale of relevance to geography; that is, at or near the surface of the Earth, at a moderate to global scale.

Definitely doesn’t need to be a specific location, but I think personally the sky and the moon are not geographical features as they are not really near the surface of the earth. Any kind of naturally occurring body of water feature is fine, so I count any mention of sea, ocean, lake, loch, etc.

1 Like

8 Likes