New Releases 02/09/22

Matthew Halsall

Expecting beautiful, spacious, spiritual jazz

Bill Orcutt

His album with Chris Corsano was one of my favourites from last year. Expecting ramshackle experimental guitar in a jazzy bent

John Ondolo

No idea who this guy is but I like the artwork and name of the album so will give it a listen too

5 Likes

Living Hour - Someday Is Today
Track one sounds like a laid back Beach House, not listened to the rest yet.

Benni Hemm Hemm - Lending
Icelandic chamber pop folk, singing in Icelandic.

Antarctic Wastelands & Norvik - Once A Home
It’s most likely just the first artist’s name that makes me think this, but nice glacial dreamy ambient piano sounds. Nicely relaxing and comforting.

Junior Brother - The Great Irish Famine
Irish ramshackle folky stuff. The Irish contingent (well, @Icarus-Smicarus) will know much more about him than me.

Mo Troper -MTV
Lo-fi alt-power pop. 15 tracks barely more than 2 minutes each.

Unloved - The Pink Album
New album from Jade Vincent, Keefus Ciancia and David Holmes. Double album including collaborations with Jarvis Cocker, Étienne Daho, Raven Violet and Jon Spencer.

8 Likes

Flowertruck - Partly Cloudy

This week’s gorgeous jangly Aussie indie recommendation

3 Likes

Also enjoyed that corsano album from last year. Will have a listen

Loved the tracks released from this so far, so it’s my pick for today.

2 Likes

George Fitzgerald - Stellar Drilling

Dance music. I’ve no idea what genre it is.

Listen to the release Stellar Drifting by George Fitzgerald on Qobuz Open Qobuz

Lake Haze - Henosis

I’m expecting chilly, low key techno

Listen to the release Henosis by Lake Haze on Qobuz Open Qobuz

3 Likes

Enablers - Some Gift

Spoken word alternative rock, FFO protomartyr, oxbow?

Feels like ages since their last music so I’m looking forward to this one.

8 Likes

Bo Sedkid - Goring

Hotly tipped Sri Lankan hip-hop - I’ve been looking forward to this one.

Ross Ainslie, Brìghde Chaimbeul & Steven Byrnes Haberlin

Scottish/Irish folk trio with a mixture of original compositions, traditional Scottish songs, and tunes from Bulgaria, Spain and France.

Laura Cannell - We Long to be Haunted

an unearthly reimagining of sacred music, welding pipe organ improvisations to lysergic church bell manipulations and snatched field recordings… five carefully pruned explorations of Medieval folk.

7 Likes

Junior Brother - The Great Irish Famine

Second album from one of my favourite folk artists. Feels a bit more ambitious than the debut, though that was great too.

He reminds me a lot of Richard Dawson, if you’re into Peasant then give this a go. Also for fans of Lisa O’Neill or Joanna Newsom.

6 Likes

Oh, beaten to it

1 Like

Showing some love to Luke Sital-Singh who has created another great LP. Fans of acoustic based great songwriting.

1 Like

Kevin Hufnagel (Gorguts, Dysrhythmia, Vaura) and Jamie Myers (Hammers of Misfortune, WITTR) playung gothy post-punk twin peaks music. :blue_heart:

5 Likes

I have an album out today, I guess it could be labelled as (very) lo-fi electronic music.

11 Likes

Popped up on Bandcamp yesterday - The Last Roses by Mary Lattimore. 16 minutes of harp loveliness

6 Likes

And I’ve got Switched on Vol 5 by Stereolab to collect from Resident later too

4 Likes

Will be checking ^this out. Love all their previous stuff.

3 Likes

The singles haven’t really pushed my buttons - I’m wondering if David Holmes isn’t so central to the project these days (especially since he’s put out a couple of solo tracks in the last twelve months too)

really like the new matthew halsall ep. friend of mine put me onto him a coupla years back, he’s really good. such a mood. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Say no more.

Of course! Forgot this was out today.