New Releases 13/05/22

Why’s he put the tour back to september because the album was pushed back due to pressing issues then released the album anyway?

JAG

My band Freddie Quell have an album out today. FFO: At The Drive-In, Gouge Away, Touche Amore, Rival Schools.

7 Likes

Dunno mate. I’m seeing him in September so I’ll ask him

So am I. Where?

Rough trade Nottingham.

Well that’s no good come to the Belgrave instead and we can get good and drunk

1 Like

TSVI & Loraine James - 053 EP

Experimental ambient beats collaboration. Love what I’ve hard of this so far.

Emma Ruth Rundle - EG2: Dowsing Voice

Dark folk soundscapes.

Emma Ruth Rundle’s second installment in her Electric Guitar series, EG2: Dowsing Voice , is almost like the soundtrack to a film that hasn’t been made. The mostly instrumental record follows her on a trip to the Welsh coast and down a magical well into the waters of nature, myth and the Old Golds - by way of her improvised music.

Teen Jesus and the Jean Teasers - Pretty Good For a Girl Band EP

Not sure whether this is the best or worst band name I’ve heard in a while. Punky power pop from Canberra.

2 Likes

I’ll hit you up the next time I’m in Leeds for a gig for sure.

Gentle Sinners album is out. James Graham of Twilight Sad and Aidan Moffat of Arab Strap.

7 Likes

Uh, i didn’t know this was a thing. Interesting.

Some rap that isn’t Kendrick…

Leikeli47 - Shape Up

New album from the masked emcee. Was a fan of her previous work, but haven’t listened to her for while.

Quelle Chris - Deathframe

New one from the indie rapper. With Navy Blue, pink siifu and Denmark Vessey features.

3 Likes

Thanks folks - only other one I am not sure has been mentionned I’ll be checking is White Flowers’ new one Are You - early impressions are suitably dreamy

2 Likes

…oh and just seen on a jazz tip that Spencer Zahn has released the follow-up to the superb hazy and laid-back Sunday Painter - Pale Horizon… let’s see if it can take the edge off North London derby blues

1 Like

Lo Jam is on some hot streak at the mo.

1 Like

big day for releases huh

Really want to listen to Gospel but waiting for the vinyl like the fool i am.

Navet Confit - Bonjour

If nothing else give it a listen because the band name means candied turnip

Low-key Quebecois indie rock

1 Like

First single was wonderful so I’m looking forward to getting stuck in (didn’t get round to the other singles)

3 Likes

Can do no wrong!

1 Like

Moderat for me. works better as a complete piece, I didn’t really connect with the singles. Looking forward to Kendrick as well.

2 Likes