New Releases 26/10/2018

Souvenir is my jam.

Had never listened to Daughters before, but just checked one of the singles and it’s filthy. Up for that now

3 Likes

More ballads than bangers from the first run through…

This Daughters album is incredible. Had somehow never heard this lot until now

1 Like

Saw them last night. Didn’t realise that this was out. Will definitely check it out.

Urmm William Shatner’s Christmas album featuring Iggy Pop, Henry Rollins and Judy Collins is out if anyone fancies giving that a go…

4 Likes

Ooo hadn’t heard anything about this! Cheers for the heads up. All of Mica’s score work has been terrific!

1 Like

Sorry for a JAG hijack. We released one of the slower jams from our album out next week today. It’s called Dream Phone and about the board game Dream Phone because we’re extremely literal. I hope you like it.

7 Likes

bloomin’ 'eck, there’s a 21 and a half minute song on this Saves the Day record.

1 Like

No one has mentioned the big release of the day…

Today is kind of insane for great releases releases.

Street Sects, Daughters, and Miserable are all on heavy repeat.

Julia Holter’s gone a bit latter-day Bjork in a “nice sounds, no songs” way on her new un, unfortunately. Still, some really nice sounds in there.

3 Likes

Really enjoying this drone behemoth as well :wink: Giving me Mirages-era Tim Hecker vibes

1 Like

Just discovered this Baxter Dury related project which I hadn’t previously seen any details about…

Robyn, Julia Holter, Baxter Dury. Great day.

Amazing sensation upon listening to the first few songs on that Daughters record of finding something you didn’t realise you’d been desperately looking for.

3 Likes

Delete Beach from last year is fantastic imo but seemed to slip under the radar.

New Pijn album on Holy Roar.

Really like it on first listen, great atmospheric post metal. Lots of piano and violin to make it stand out.
I didn’t even hate the 18 minute track, which normally I’m skipping :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks so much! : )

Waiting for it to be up on streaming services (should be very soon, but you know what that’s like), and then I’ll start the appropriate amount of JAGs

1 Like

I dunno, I’d listen to something and expect to like it based on that description.

(and I do like what I’ve heard of the new Julia Holter so far)