Proto-Punk

From 1975

From 1974. Don’t know how well either these guys (or Debris) were at the time, so don’t know how much of an influence they actually had on punk, but they were definitely getting there about two years before it all kicked off in London

1 Like

Ooh these are all cool who I didn’t know, thanks!

1 Like

This is great!

2 Likes

Hard to tell who’s being serious these days but I was enjoying reading the discussion and it shouldn’t be disparaged.

I wasn’t being entirely serious tbh, just a bit annoying when everyone’s having a nice time in a thread that’s quite clearly

along these lines and someone starts telling people they’re wrong and then we get into massively over-analysing everything, after the original poster has said that’s not what they want to get into. Can’t we just post some good songs and have done with it.

My comment was meant mainly light-heartedly though.

1 Like

I’m fine to have some chat obviously and it’s absolutely fine for m_p to challenge me on including The Beatles here it’s just, as Funky says, this was really meant to be just sharing some good tunes that people feel relate rather than getting bogged down into the semantics

1 Like

Might as well get the rest of the big hitters out eh

2 Likes
2 Likes

Much better version imo (plus a punk as fuck singing voice before it was even an idea)

2 Likes

This landed a few years after the ‘76/77 punk explosion but deserves a mention anyway

2 Likes

More Ohio from 1975

2 Likes

Was considering making this a three part series, with the other two being “Punk!” And finally “Post-!”

2 Likes

Do it!

2 Likes

Will need at least a day’s notice for this so I can prepare YouTube links.

1 Like

Consider this your notice

1 Like

The Sir Keir Starmer Story

3 Likes

“I’m putting The Sex Pistols on notice”

1 Like

Seems stupid to say proto with this one cuz it basically an just is punk but

Part II!