Shane Warne RIP

Christ, absolutely horrendous news. What a horrible shock.

3 Likes

Fuuck.

Absolutely no age. RIP

1 Like

Only 12 hours ago he himself posted a RIP tribute to another cricket. Shocking stuff, RIP

2 Likes

Heart attack at 52, fucking shocking.
One of, it not the, best bowler ever. Effortless.

3 Likes

My brother was saying he’d had Covid quite badly, but that doesn’t feel like it’d be enough to bring about this…

Actually probably wrong to speculate. Just gonna watch some highlights of him bowling/being a shithouse against England

1 Like

First ball in test cricket, won’t be beaten.

19 Likes

Real gut punch reading that title. Such a shithouse on the field but transcended that with his brilliance.

1 Like

Every so often there’s details like this when someone dies where it just adds to the incredible sadness of it all.

Watched this last year, and he really didn’t look particularly unhealthy. Genuinely really shocked by this, probably because he looks healthy enough for a 50-year old.

Bloody hell

1 Like

The absolute bewilderment on Gatting’s face.

Didn’t know this was his first test ball.

1 Like

I think it was his first ball in the Ashes rather than his first ball in tests? Not sure though

3 Likes

First ashes ball, I stand corrected, he’d had a year before this.

1 Like

Flipping heck. Time for a spin of this:

2 Likes

Oh my. One of the very best.
Shocked by this.

fucking hell

an actual genius. one of the few australian players of that era you liked, he was just that good

6 Likes

i wouldn’t go as far as to say liked, but the warne/mcgrath/lee bowling trio was absolutely GOAT class

5 Likes

Fuck. You loved him, you hated him. Everything you want from a sportsperson.

Bowling Shane.

3 Likes

Feel like that era of Australia were absolute pricks on the pitch but I’ve softened massively on all of them in the years since their retirements

Opposite for the same England era

6 Likes