Silverchair

And Rootjoose

5 Likes

From memory Daniel Johns had a ton of health issues after it came out so they never really toured it either.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if it coincided with him getting really sick or not, he ended up very unwell from what I recall. It’s a really great record from a properly interesting musical mind.

Local heroes!

1 Like

I got momentarily very into them somewhere between Neon Ballroom and Diorama. Even managed to get hold of an import copy of Freak Show, which from memory was out of print here at the time.

It didn’t very long though. The CDs are probably still all at my mum’s though.

My wife took the dog for a walk recently and the dog played with Daniel Johns’ dog!! She was more starstruck than I’ve ever seen her and was the envy of her friends.

(I only know The Greatest View)

2 Likes

Frogstomp good record imo

1 Like

I really liked Uninvited (Undecided?) when I heard it on a Kerrang! tape.

I bought the first three albums years later after hearing Ana’s Song on a Metal Hammer CD.

1 Like

Jesus I haven’t even thought about silverchair for over a decade

Our dog has also played with Ben Lee’s dog in the same park :grinning: #AussieIndieFlex

(My wife did play me Frogstomp after she saw Daniel Johns, but I didn’t know any of it)

1 Like

Haven’t listened to this in more than a decade. I was teenage-crush obsessed with this song. Almost scared to play it in case it’s terrible.

1 Like

First band I went into the crowd for at Reading Festival. Was a mad squash like nothing anyone can experience due to modern safety measures. Got thrown up and down for 50 mins. It was amazing.

2 Likes

An absolute banger from their later output:

Dan did a really interesting podcast series end of last year looking back through his life and times if anyone’s interested/missed it. Really interesting interviews with likes of Billy Corgan and Natalie Imbruglia etc.

1 Like

It’s still grand, go for it! I’m old and jaded and it still gives me joy!

Diorama is an absolute cracker of an album. Totally underappreciated. Their first couple of albums were grunge lite, but then Neon Ballroom happened, then Diorama. Will always cement them as a band worth listening to for me. Was obsessed with The Greatest View when it came out. Daniel Johns is an interesting character…that podcast that came out last year was perhaps a little too revealing. I felt uncomfortable listening to it. Straight Lines is an absolute chooooooooon too.

2 Likes

Neon Ballroom still gets a regular spin here, preferably as loud as possible. Frogstomp was a bit before my time and I never listened to anything after NB but sounds like I might have missed out.

1 Like

Chain a waterfall from BOOOOOOOOOOOORNED and withered skin

Still got this. What a lineup

12 Likes

Just the sight of that ticket stub gives me goosebumps… Doesn’t matter what artists are printed on it…

5 Likes