Songs where loads of famous people collaborate together

Had this nugget turn up in my Release Radar

Wind Of Change by Scorpions / the CIA covered by AWOLNATION featuring Incubus and Portugal. The Man. I assume it has to be for charity or something, right?

Right?

BBC doing a rendition of Perfect Day for an advertising campaign in 1997

(1984) Band Aid - Do They Know It’s Christmas?

(2014) Band Aid 30 - Do They Know It’s Christmas?

(2019) Band Aid II - Do They Know It’s Christmas?

1 Like

Celebrities sing Imagine by John Lennon to fight COVID-19

5 Likes

Pop stars perform a cover of “Times Like These” by Foo Fighters to fight COVID-19

15 Likes

Oh shit, what was that one where some Swedish or German TV channel got a load of people to cover a song with green screen background on a beach? It had some amazing b-list 80s celebrities and later turned out that a lot of them thought it was for charity, but it was actually just for the TV channel?

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Charity single following Hillsborough:

1 Like

The BBC Music launch trailer, which redid the Perfect Day video but for God Only Knows

2 Likes

Some of the greatest pop and R&B artists in the world (and Fergie) and this is what they came up with

2 Likes
1 Like

The amazing disappearing guitar

2 Likes

I remembered! Let It Be, covered by Roger Moore, George from Seinfeld, Ricki Lake, Norm from Cheers, Paul McKenna…

Oh didn’t realise that the audio from this was actually something called Ferry Aid in 1987. Wondered why Ricki Lake sounded so weird.

2 Likes

3 Likes

One of those silly things that BBC Perfect Day is closer to the original by Lou Reed than it is to us today

1 Like

One of those silly things where this version is closer to the original by The Rakes than this super-group version is to us today.

1 Like