Succession (HBO) - Season 4 from March 27! (Blur spoilers ta)

Anyone bothering with this? Only watched the pilot. Seems a bit Bluths v Trumps v Murdochs.

I’ll watch it because some of the characters seem ridiculous and it’s got Brian Cox in it, but it feels like the sort of thing that’s been overdone already, and it’s got the guy from Spooks in.

Anyone…?

No.

i watched the trailer and couldn’t believe how shite it looked for an HBO show, their hit rate is normally pretty high

1 Like

It’s had a few good write ups and there’s a lot of billboards and TV ads for it. I honestly can’t think of anything less appealing, could someone here please take the plunge?

Not started it yet but it’s apparently turns a massive corner after the first few episodes.

My gut feeling is it’s not been very well cast, isn’t original, there’s going to be no subtle development of characters, and is heavily relying on the lead, but having said that, people get sniffy about things that are in reality very good just not par by the standards of the last few years.

Boss with Kelsey Grammar’s a good example. In any other era that’s critically acclaimed.

1 Like

I started watching it without any expectations and have been enjoying it. I didn’t realize initially that the Peep Show co-creator is behind it.

Maybe there’ll be a crossover episode!

1 Like

It’s back at the end of the week! I really enjoyed the first season anyway

4 Likes

Can’t wait for this to return, last season was brilliant.

First season really picked up in the second half from what I remember.

Thought the first season was brilliant. It takes an episode or two to tune into the tone I think. Hope season 2 is as good.

1 Like

Just finished season one, thought it was absolutely brilliant. Delighted to find out I’ve got less than a week to wait until I starts again :grimacing:

Drink the gold!

Could watch a Tom and Greg spin-off

7 Likes
3 Likes

‘Boar on the floor!’

Rewatched season 1 over the last couple of weeks, and got up to date with season 2 tonight. Most recent episode was wild, really high standard so far this season.

Smashed season one over the last week and watched first of season 2 this morning.

What a show. Brilliant stuff.

1 Like

Another really good episode, Connor’s eulogy was 10/10 and Tom and Greg are television’s greatest double act right now.