Summat gone wrong with the width on mobile

7 Likes

Same for me

1 Like

Looks fine to me

8 Likes
                                                                                                                 looks fine to me

This is the end of days.

END! I say.

2 Likes

Loving having a look at the other side personally

Well done for not going in the social media thread

3 Likes

Yeah, no idea what this is. If it’s not fixed itself by tomorrow morning (as a lot of things tend to do) I will be having WORDS with Discourse.

5 Likes

Man, they’ve really done a number here huh? Reading is irritating but just about manageable, and then you try and type a reply…

Wish you could install extensions for Chrome on mobile. Would just get a stylesheet one and have it sorted in minutes. Doing my nut in.

It’s fine on a tablet, just mobile, oddly

This is pretty clearly not a good UX and as a non-neurodivergent member I can tell you it is a big deal to me as well. If it was done deliberately it makes absolutely no sense.

1 Like

Oh yeah definitely, me too, just aware that it’s an issue that’s come up over and over before now.

1 Like

I’ve created a thread on the meta.discourse.org boards about this because I couldn’t see anything similar on there already.

2 Likes

Same here m8s

Don replied with the issue cause and a workaround that one of the @admins can apply.

It seems to this cause by this Easy responsive footer
The component has a css line #main-outlet which cause this.

There is an other report about this issue on the theme component topic.

You can use this quick fix until it is fixed.
Go to /admin/customize/themes and create a new component.
Click on mobile section css and add the following.

https://d11a6trkgmumsb.cloudfront.net/original/4X/9/4/0/940454ff2c4a2dbe3c9068e27e48b049715af21b.png

6 Likes

Gold star for @ma0sm! :star:

…however, it turns out “Editing of remote themes is disabled in Discourse”. Getting in touch with our Discourse pals presently.

1 Like

Try refreshing the site on your mobile now!

3 Likes

On my phone that’s now fixed, but still a couple of px wider than it used to be (though that’s probably because I’m using a tiny old iPhone SE rather than a modern new-fangled phablet)

1 Like