Summer Cricket Thread 🏏 🦗 (looks like insects are back on the menu) 🦗

We have to face it. It’s no longer Winter. Test match cricket returns to the UK next week and I for one would be excited if I remembered wwhat excitement felt like.

For now though, these are the teams for the England warm up game. Which team are you rooting for?

Team Stokes: Dominic Sibley, Keaton Jennings, Zak Crawley, Jonathan Bairstow, Ben Stokes (c), Ben Foakes, Moeen Ali, Lewis Gregory, Craig Overton, Jack Leach, Olly Stone, James Anderson, Saqib Mahmood.
Team Buttler: Rory Burns, James Bracey, Joe Denly, Dan Lawrence, Ollie Pope, Jos Buttler (c), Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Dominic Bess, Mark Wood, Jofra Archer, Stuart Broad, Matthew Parkinson, Ollie Robinson

can’t believe the split up Stokes, Woakes and Foakes :-1:

literally no idea who a few of the players on Buttler’s team are either

2 Likes

Find it a bit odd they’ve got broad, Woods, Archer amd Woakes all on one team.

Prefer Buttler’s team by far. 4 walking wickets at the top of the order for Stokes.

Live stream

1 Like

They could have got the two teams to wear different kits!

2 Likes

Loving the nodding camera

I just thought it was my tablet glitching.

Is that The Hundred thing going to happen? Was well up for that.

Not this year, no.

Domestic season starts a month today, the formats haven’t been decided yet. Likely to be a mix of red ball cricket and T20.

The Hundred (personally hope it dies on its arse) begins next year.

Having watched some of the T10 cricket this year, I can’t see much point in The Hundred. Just play proper T20, like we did at school.

Can’t put T20 On FTA though, sadly

is that seriously what the problem is?

Yeah, the contract with sky gives them exclusive rights to any t20 comp, so they had to make a new format to get around it.

The low angle on the nodding camera end makes it look like they’re bowling massive no balls all the time

T19.5 sorted.

Loving the proper haircuts.

Buttler’s team certainly looks better, but Stokes have Jimmy so could be tight

Love a bit of Denly.

Drop anchor for 36 balls and then gently loft Jack Leach over the top for a maximum.

That’s better. Fielding positions and choice of bat are both a little iffy though

4 Likes