- EMA - Exile in the Outer Ring
- Wolf Alice - Visions of A Life
- Kelly Lee Owens - Kelly Lee Owens
- St. Vincent - MASSEDUCTION
- Feist - Pleasure
- Ryan Adams - Prisoner
- Phoebe Bridgers - Stranger in the Alps
- Matthew E White & Flo Morrissey - Gentlewoman, Ruby Man
- Girl Ray - Earl Grey
- Tom Williams - All Change
- Slowdive - Slowdive
- Out Lines - Conflats
- Grandaddy - Last Place
- Blanck Mass - World Eater
- Bicep - Bicep
- Slowdive - Slowdive
- Clark - death peak
- James holden - providence
- Idles - brutalism
- kelly lee owens - kelly lee owens
Ha. Ive mixed up Nathan Fake and James Holden.
So what’s your number 3 record? Holden or fake
Nathan Fake - Providence.
Holden would be in top 10
- Bjork - Utopia
- The Horrors-V
- British Sea Power-Let the Dancers inherit the party
- Ariel Pink-Dedicated to Bobby Jameson
- Suzanne Sundfor-music for people in trouble
The two anthems that should have hit the zeitgest the year are BSP’s - Keep on Trying (and even Bad Bohemian) and The Horror’s - Something to remember me by.
Both should have been enormous hits. I"m honestly at a loss how people aren’t head over heels in love with that BSP album it’s been a tremendous source of joy for me this year.
- The Clientele - Music for the Age of Miracles
- Zimpel / Ziolek - s/t
- Lorde - Melodrama
- Fleet Foxes - Crack-Up
- Makthaverskan - iii
5= Nick Hakim - Green Twins
those last 2 are exactly equal sorry
2017 Album of the year (discussion thread)
- Love Potion - XXX
- PERTURBATOR - New Model
- マクロスMACROSS 82-99 - アイドル、さくら
- haircuts for men - keygen 成果物 [CD-R]
- Converge - The Dusk In Us
shouts to Action Bronson - Blue Chips 7000, and I’ve enjoyed Burial’s three releases this year loads too. This year has been heavy on the Bandcamp weird vapor techno, and my top 5 is four of the best releases I’ve heard so far.
Love Potion is a blurry, lovely sort of vaportrap record, PERTURBATOR was sort of synthwave, and has now mutated into metal darkwave, awesome stuff. Macross is the most fun record of the year, future anime disco style, and haircuts for men has gone chiptune!
Also there’s this new band Converge, I think they’ll really go places.
- Los Campesinos: Sick Scenes
2.LCD Soundsystem: American Dream
- Laura Marling: Semper Femina
- Peaness: Are You Sure?
- Blanck Mass: World Eater
I think I might have to listen to your 2, 3 and 4, because my 1 and 2 are very likely to be the same as yours.
(but can I listen to a band called “Peaness”?)
i dont know why the numbering has gone like that, it should be 1 2 3 4 5 obvs. but yeah theyre all great!  ESPECIALLY PEANESS
and mine was meant to say 3, 4 and 5, of course.
(Oops. No discussion!)
- Everything Everything - A Fever Dream
- LCD Soundsystem - American Dream
- Jens Lekman - Life Will See You Now
- The National - Sleep Well Beast
- The Clientele - Music For The Age Of Miracles
This isn’t getting enough votes in this thead
- Terry - Remember Terry
- Priests - Nothing Feels Natural
- Meat Wave - The Incessant
- Cloud Nothings - Life Without Sound
- Diet Cig - Swear I’m Good At This
Honourable mentions for The Smith Street Band, Mt Eerie, Feature, Onsind and Cassels
Bicep - s/t
Kelly Lee Owens - s/t
LCD Soundsystem - American Dream
St Vincent - MASSEDUCTION
Golden Teacher - No Lucious Life
- Snapped Ankles “Come Play The Trees”
- The National “Sleep Well Beast”
- LCD Soundsystem “American Dream”
- The Moonlandingz “Interplanetary Class Classics”
- Pete Fij, Terry Bickers “We Are Millionaires”