The Cure listening Club

Ok, hi, welcome.

So after a lot of talking it’s finally (almost) time to start the Cure Listening Club.

We’ll start on Sunday with the next album, vote for our favorite track on Wednesday and score the album on a Friday. I’ll build a best of playlist as we go along.

I want to include some of the live albums. For most bands I’d skip them but Show, Paris and the Hyde Park live album are great . It feels like they should be talked about unless there are any objections.

So smear your lipstick, back comb your hair and push your thumbs through the sleeves of your black jumper cause It’s Time.

18 Likes

Wasn’t even aware there was talk of this but I’m in!

3 Likes

I’ll give it a shot…

2 Likes

:smiley: Maybe we can get you a black wig?
I’d hate people think I was being exclusionist here.

1 Like

It’s Friday, I’m IN

6 Likes

Ooh lovely, go on then

1 Like

Might run with this until Wish or so as I’m only really familiar with Disintegration and various singles and I’ve always meant to give them more of a go.

Would like to learn about stuff after Wish. Honestly don’t think I’ve listened to anything past that.

Wild Mood SwINgs?

2 Likes

Shallow rewards has had some good episodes going over WMS and Bloodflowers (as well as some of the earlier albums) that are worth a listen

2 Likes

Shit band for cunts. Never even heard of them pal.

IN…

4 Likes

DiS-IN-tegration

2 Likes

Lamacq did Disintegration tonight as his album club- cooking a curry along to Prayers For Rain was good :grinning:.

2 Likes

Good album. Sorry gettting ahead of myself

1 Like

I’m in. My favourite band.

Will we be doing the Boys Don’t Cry album or does that count as a compilation?. I think it stands alone as an album, as well as being the first Cure album I bought.

We’ll be chatting about it along with Three Imaginary Boys.

2 Likes

ftfy

1 Like

IN

Still never listened to the debut, ya know

And this is an excuse to raid my dad’s collection for a few of the others

1 Like

Fire IN Cairo

Can’t wait!

1 Like

I’m in and looking forward to this. Know some of their albums very well and others hardly at all, so good chance to work through the entire oeuvre.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m in

1 Like