The "find a gig buddy" thread

I’m always happy to drive to Bristol if any South Wales dissers can get to Newport depending on what is on at the Fleece, Exchange, Louisiana etc.

3 Likes

Cheers will do!

What a lovely idea for a thread :grinning:

Also in Cardiff - who knew there were so many of us? - not doing too many gigs this year as I’m saving for a wedding but I’m getting to a few. I keep meaning to drive over to Bristol more but it’s hard to psych myself up for it solo.

Great idea.

I’m in Cheltenham which is smack bang in the middle of knowhere for major circuit stops. Nothing comes through here so I’ve got Brum, Oxford, Bristol, Cardiff, which are all around an hour away at least. I do have a couple of friends in Bristol but they’re not all like minded music wise (they were, but they’ve grown old and not into anything in the last 10 years).

Have been to a few in Cardiff, Clwb is good. Future of the Left blew the roof off there when I went.

Im in Magor, 2 mins off the motorway. If anyone is passing on the way to Bristol give me a shout. Or if anyone needs picking up from Newport Cardiff. Got the followimg booked so far.

Got the following booked in

McLusky - Exchange
PABH - Le Pub
Pile - Crofters Rights
Murray Lightburn - Colston Hall
The Murder Capital - Exchange
The Chats -Clwb

Think that’s it…

2 Likes

Another person coming in and saying how lovely this idea is. I never go to gigs anymore on account of being on my lonesome often so a gig buddy would be amazing

5 Likes

Based in Leicester. Wouldn’t mind seeing the National in Nottingham but haven’t sorted anything. Also looking for general gig going people locally.

Can vouch for @colossalhorse and @chadders, both make for excellent gig buddies!

2 Likes

Is that the gig with Speilbergs? I really regret not getting ticket for that. Speilbergs were great when I saw them earlier in the year.

I work late on Wednesdays that’s part of the reason for not going, also having no one to go with.

Christneverexisted.Com

I had no idea so many of us DiS’ers were from South Wales!

1 Like

And none of them is called Tom Jones.

6 Likes

Yeah I think so!

That’s a shame, if you’re free, up for it, and there are still tickets you can join us of course!

Awesome thread idea. I’m based in Bristol, but also occasionally go to gigs in Cardiff. I’m into rock/punk/metal, but do go to other types of music as well. At the moment, I’ve got the following if anybody is interested:

Puddle of Mudd at O2 Academy
Alter Bridge at Motorpoint
Inme at Exchange
Sumo Cyco at Exchange
Dinosaur Pile Up at Exchange
Raging Speedhorn at Le Pub
Poly-Math at Crofters Rights

Deafheaven / Touche Amore / Portrayal of Guilt at Electric Ballroom- Oct 5th
Thursday - Full Collapse Show at Electric Ballroom - Dec 1st

HMU :beers:

1 Like

Really tempted by that but haven’t got tickets yet…

Going to

Camera Obscura in St Luke’s, Glasgow
Courtney Barnett in SWG3, Glasgow (maybe with @Unlucky?)
Flaming Lips in Usher Hall, Edinburgh
Wintersleep in Sleazy’s, Glasgow
Craig Finn in King Tut’s, Glasgow
Pond in St Luke’s, Glasgow
Metronomy in SWG3, Glasgow

:wave:

flying solo at Metronomy in Bristol on 14th Nov

Any idea if this is solo solo or with a band?