The Jesus And Mary Chain - New Album

Coming 24th March.

That cover sure spoils the excitement a bit.

3 Likes

new single:

which is a reworking of a Jim Reid solo track. I prefer the newer version.

Song is ok, the cover not.

Hmm hoped they would have had something better to come back with

improved the cover a bit for 'em

5 Likes

Canā€™t say Iā€™m really into that single tbh :unamused:

Canā€™t say I really care much for JAMC after automatic. Havenā€™t listened to much of their albums after that but this sounds like a really direct continuation of them? Not so much my thing anymore but Iā€™m glad theyā€™re still going.

leaked.

I didnā€™t have high hopes for this, but I thought it would be a little bit stronger. it starts off well, but somewhere in the second quarter thereā€™s a few duet tracks that all kind of sound alike and then last half or so is all over the place. Simian Split might be the worst track theyā€™ve ever put out.

ā€œAmputationā€ is fairly okay, reminds me of Black Motorcycle Club-- who, shamelessly, I also dig quite a bit. But I digress. I saw JAMC circa 1985 at a shithole club in Huntington Beach, Ca., on a rainy night. The band carried their equipment inside, looking pissed off at the world. They played for about 35 minutes and without a word packed up their equipment, as the 12 of us in the audience looked on, somewhat bewildered by the whole spectacle. It was awesome, obv.

Iā€™ll check tour dates. ā€œJust Like Honeyā€ ā€œHappy When It Rainsā€ and about anything off Automatic. No, this is a rock ā€˜nā€™ roll hall of fame band. Psychocandy is a landmark. No, of course Iā€™m gonna go see 'em. Itā€™ll be like a high school reunion, only better.

4 Likes

Unsure if I can post stuff like this here, but I bought two tickets for JAMC at Shepherdā€™s Bush London on 5th April that I canā€™t make as I forgot that Iā€™m in Poland that day - Iā€™m hoping to sell these on and book tickets for Oxford instead.

So, does anyone want 2 x standing tickets (sold out)? Selling for face value - Ā£71.60 (Ā£35.60 each). PM me if so!

Only around half of the album is new stuff I hear? Interesting point re the duets

Iā€™ll buy it, because itā€™s the JAMC and itā€™s what I do, but I thought the single was bang average.

Oh dear :unamused:

I think I read that all of like 3 or 4 tracks were new (or at least not known to be reworks/retitled). Interviews with Jim make sense in that some of the tracks likely wouldā€™ve appeared on another JAMC album anyway and some of the tracks do feel a bit more complete. Though I felt some of the older tracks worked just fine too.

1 Like

Jesus and Mary Chain playing a wee gig in Glasgow next week:

1 Like

Cancelled

*Postponed

1 Like