🇮🇪 The Official Irish Music Thread. 🇮🇪

in your town by rory gallagher might be the greatest track ever written, man his guitar sounds so good. :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I’m reading this months late, but those two EPs (which I stil have on vinyl I think but also on that Caucasian Psychosis CD) are still second to none. Was going to put them on the “bands you’ve seen” thread today because at one point in my life (around Nurse time) I’d seen them more than any other. Seen them a couple of times in the last few years after a huge break and they’ve still got it. Legends.

1 Like

I hadn’t listened to them in years so was surprised how good the last album was, gutted I didn’t get to see them live on the tour.

I was dead into Gemma Hayes back in the day. Should give it a listen back. I really liked gotta low and that early ep, and the album with Tear In My Side as well

this is great

1 Like
1 Like

Kerbdog were just the best :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Good taste, Malkmus

New beat tape from An Cárthach, formerly of Shookrah. This is very, very good.

1 Like

giving this a revisit, lovely atmospheric reworks of the Richter crew

1 Like

didn’t know about this, heard his Tomb of the Dudes remix on a mix TRM put out years ago but never heard the others. lovely.

1 Like

new Ten Past Seven album is an absolute beast. recommended for fans of ASIWYFA and Adebisi Shank

2 Likes

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit I haven’t listened to it yet. Was waiting to buy the LP and get the download at the same time.

Has to be said but they’re one of the best live bands anyone will ever see. Absolutely unhinged.

Going through this, so much great music in it. I don’t read Niall’s site as much as I used to back in the day but it’s really great for catching up on R&B, soul etc which seems to be an endlessly creative scene in Ireland at the moment. That and Peter Curtin’s radio show.

1 Like

Also has this got a mention? Absolute genius.

1 Like

feel so out of touch reading this, i’ve only heard of 3 of them

Yeah…makes me feel very old too. I think at least one inclusion is 14 or something.

Ha! I know Elaine, still haven’t listened to that remix though, must get around to it.

Nice to see Lighght on that list, the man can do no wrong IMO.

I like this