They've asked you to join the band

That is an attrative poll tbh tbf…

Pollss

1 Like

Crazy Town are touring again! this may be real

1 Like

Not a fan but I’d do almost anything for a decent pay day.

Can’t believe some people have voted No to this.

2 Likes

I would, I used to learn quite a lot of Incubus when I was a wee guy

Hi deep-blue!

It’s the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

They want you to be the new guitarist. They say they can’t be arsed to write songs anymore, so you have to do it. They have a device which measures how similar a song is to another and all songs you write have to score 60% or higher in comparison to an existing Chili Peppers song. As reward, you get 25% of future profit on the new material. They want to release another triple album.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

4 Likes

It’s Paul Simon.

You have to get a perm and shave the middle part of your head bald. The tour will be billed as Paul Simon (feat. Garfunkel) and the crowd will be told to boo you when you sing Bridge Over Troubled Water and throw water bombs at you. It will be eight months long and exclusively in sports stadiums.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

It’s Britney

• Bitch
8 Likes

It’s Jeff Tweedy.

He wants to adopt you so you can join Tweedy. You won’t be allowed to call him Jeff, he insists you call him “Papa T” at all times. You will be explicitly written out of his will.

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Will he admit that Wilco have a song called ‘Not for the Season’? I’m in if so. (Literally had an argument about this with him).

Enjoying the thought that the middle part of my head isn’t already bald.
Also I was named after Paul Simon, so there would be some nice synchronity here. Ahm in.

(Do we get paid like reasonable rates for all these?)

That’s up to Papa T

10%

Done!

1 Like

I have no idea who Fieldy is.

I just looked him up. Fuck that.

1 Like

I read nothing between those two lines.

3 Likes

You can’t just drop that and not give us the full background of this anecdote?

Less interesting than it sounds, tbh.

He did a solo show (London, 2012 or so) and beforehand his wife was wandering around writing down requests.
I requested ‘Not for the Season’, which is a track that Wilco never recorded, but played in the documentary I Am Trying to Break Your Heart. Jeff later re-worked it with Loose Fur as ‘Laminated Cat’ (which is longer and weirder). When he was onstage reading out requests he came to Laminated Cat and then complained about me calling it by the original name. I pointed out that it was called NftS in the film, he either misheard me or mocked my pronunciation of film, someone else asked what film we were talking about, and the audience had a brief discussion of it.

The end. But I’m right. Even the band website says I’m right.

2 Likes

It’s really so hard to understand how Shellac had to interrupt the Wilco soundcheck to play their gig at ATP.

1 Like